Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding

For superficial wounds that bleed, to quickly stop the bleeding after washing the area, use a cotton swab and dip in petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to wipe thickly over the bleeding area. I am told by my husband that boxers use petroleum jelly to stop their bleeding wounds so they can continue in the ring.

I was playing with my puppy and accidentally one of his sharp teeth scratched me and bleeding started and I couldn't stop it easily. My husband said to use the Vaseline. A scab soon formed and the Vaseline was wiped off. No more bleeding either.

By Lorelei from Georgetown, OH

I rub creamy baby oil on my legs after shaving just to keep them soft, but if you have a nick it works the same way.

Be careful of using Vaseline. If your wound is anything more than very superficial, you could be "sealing" in bacteria, thus making your wound slowly fester and get quite bad...in some cases bad enough to see a doctor. Wash all wounds first before applying anything. If the wound is a puncture, never put Vaseline on it...as bacteria will grow in the puncture. Washing and common sense should be your guide in treating all wounds.

Thanks

Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 7, 2008
A cat wearing a plastic dish.
Keeping a Cat from Scratching its Wound
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Bleeding Heart
Growing Bleeding Heart
Putting bandaid on child.
🎉
🎄