Advice for Permanently Straightening or Curling Hair

Dose anybody have advice or know anything for getting my hair permanently straightened or curled? I want to get something done with my hair for my birthday on Saturday. I'm not sure whats safe, what will work with my hair, or where to go. I don't know what it will look like, how to work with it after treatment, names for these treatments, or cost? What is in style? How long do these treatments take? Below are some of the features of my hair and face to help out.

-Wavy
-Thick
-Long in length
-Dirty Blonde(color)
-Oval,Round(face shape)
-I'm a teen(thought would help)

Aliesha from Florida

My son had his hair permanently straightened the day after Thanksgiving. It lasted about a week. It is now pretty much as curly as it was. So we are back to using the faithful CHI straightener. Good Luck! Let us know if you are successful!

Hair cannot be permanently straightened or curled; new growth will be the same as you have always had. The reason for that is (seen under a microscope) straight hairs are round and curly hairs are flat. They grow out of your head that way.

Why not save some money by wearing it up or some other new way, like braiding or such, rather than a temporary and expensive treatment? You can do some wild effects by spraying hairspray and holding it up while you dry the hairspray with a hair dryer.

wear it up off your face..in a hair clip or rolled in a bun..put a pretty barrette in it...dont cut it long hair is pretty and dont straighten it..that only damages the hair and makes it brittle and eventually it will fall out..

Thanks for all your help...but I talked to one of my dads friends and she convinced me to buy a hair straightener and It worked like magic. I used to just blow dry it but it would never work. The results are amazing. My dads friend also told me to use a moisterizer on my hair when I take a shower so my hair will stay moist and will not be damaged by the straightener. I really was astonished.

How bad do straighteners damage your hair?

I recently bought a infiniti hot air styler and I have a chi. Both work very well and I have very, curly, thick hair.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingDecember 27, 2007
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Hair Curling Tips
Hair Curling Tips
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄