Easy Diabetic Recipes

I am looking for easy diabetic meals or low carb meals. Any help would be appreciated.

Donna from Arcadia, FL

I too have type 2. I have found www.dlife.com to be a life saver. Hope this helps.

For lo carb, check out Atkins.com. Now, if you have diabetic problems, you will want to read the recipe through carefully, but for the most part, they are great!

You can check at your local library for diabetic cookbooks. I just found one at the local library.

Go to www.recipezaar.com there is 401 diabetic recipes.

Just put diabetic in the search line.

Hope you find something your looking for.

As far as recipes, I don't really know, but if you have a sweet tooth, I would recommend checking out stevia at this website http://www.sweetleaf.com/. Stevia is an herb and is grown in South America. It has nothing artificial and no glycemic index. I have used it in tea, coffee, oatmeal, and yogurt, but I know some people use it in cooking. It seems to blend well with the natural flavors of food and enhance them. I buy it in the health food section of a regular grocery store, but you might also find it in health food stores.

I need some easy diabetic recipes, I just found out I have type 2. I hate cooked tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and celery. I would like some easy recipes for brunch and supper. I am going to the classes in April and trying to cut back on sugar, and carbs, and giving up on a lot of good food by doing it. I am overweight. I am working on that, I got a dog to walk. I found out it is inherited.

Barbara from Shoemakersville, PA

Answers:

Easy Diabetic Recipes

The foods you mention that you don't like cooked, do you like them raw? Adding raw foods to your diet is an important part of controlling your diabetes, since it adds fiber that you need. I have been Type 2 since I turned 40, I am now 55.

It is difficult sometimes but it will get better. The way I keep myself on track is reminding myself that the closer I stick to the guidelines, the healthier I'll feel for longer. If you don't take insulin or pills, sticking to the guidelines helps to keep you from needing either one longer.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing. Please contact the American Diabetic Association by mail or on the web. I'm sure they can help with your recipe search and be sure and see a diabetic educator at your hospital. Your doctor can set it up. They can be a big help, also check to see if there is a support group, too. The Canadian Diabetic Association also has a website that has recipes you might enjoy. (03/01/2008)

By thriftmeg

RE: Easy Diabetic Recipes