Product Review: Zep Shower, Tub And Tile Cleaner

Product: Zep Shower Tub and Tile Cleaner

Manufacturer: www.zepcommercial.com (Home Depot product)

Cost: $2.99

At last, I have found an amazing shower door cleaner that truly removes the hard water residue from my glass shower doors. I have tried everything to no avail, until I tried this Home Depot product! I just sprayed it on the doors and on the tiles, and left it on, for about an hour. Then I carefully entered the shower (floor will be very slippery) and used an old mesh bath scrubber and cleaned the doors and tile. Then I rinsed everything off and was astounded at the difference. No kidding, it is the only thing that has worked for me. Also, the fumes are very minimal, sort of "soapy smelling". Hope this helps you too.

By Pat from Ajax Ontario Canada

Do you have feedback about Zep Shower Tub and Tile Cleaner? Post it below.

Try "The Works" - Buy at Dollar General for $1. Squirt on, top to bottom, wait a few seconds and wipe clean! it's the most awesome shower cleaner that I've ever seen!

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the info on the Zep Cleaner, I had been purchasing it at the Family Dollar store near my home, but, they no longer carry it. And Home Depot does, my next stop I'll have to pick up a few.

I've used it for cleaning my stainless steel kitchen sink, spray it on, wait a bit, wipe it off and it shines just like a new sink, I'll have to try it on the bathtub and the tile. Thank you for this information, much appreciated.

Nancylee52

Southeastern, MA

If one wiped down the shower area from the ceiling to the floor after each use they would'nt have to use all these cleaners to remove soap scum and water stains let alone the time involved.I have been wiping the water and soap film immediately after each shower and it has been years since I have had to spend time and product to clean my shower.It looks as good as the day it was installed.

I wish I had time to wipe our shower down everytime someone was done! LOL I wonder will this product work on the plastic shower doors as well. I have a house cleaning business and I see that it's easier to clean the glass doors, but as far as the plastic doors go, it seems like the soap scum is on permanently... almost like a frost.

I was turned on to Zep by a friend also!!! Love, love, love the stuff and I've tried everything out there, including The Works and nothing works as good as the Zep product. Just wish it had a better smell!

I used to have shower doors and used Witch Hazel with a rag, works wonders... A lot cheaper too.

This product is dangerous i recommend using a mask when using this it can cause severe damage to the lungs and should be taken off the market.

You don't want to leave this product on for an hour like Pat suggests. I bought it and noticed that it instructed that under no circumstances was it to be left on for more than 2 or 3 minutes or it would cause streaking. I left it on for a few seconds more than 3 minutes and it had indeed started to streak. And leaving it on for just the few minutes you're allowed didn't allow it enough time to remove the water residue, so I don't think it's worth the price.

I have found also the Zep products work very well and are inexpensive. I love their gallon capet cleaner that you use with a carpet machine. It works great when you have pets.

Zep tub cleaner is the best product on the market.Thank you, Bruce

I agree with John about the fumes. They are really bad. But.. man this stuff WORKS! I wouldn't use it all of the time, but for that final shine when you want everything to look clean. This stuff is the bomb.

The reason the product likely has a strong smell without even looking at the MSDS sheet is because it is a strong acid. Zep Commercial products are designed to be just below industrial strength and you should always wear gloves and safety glasses and use in a well-ventilated area when using this type of product. You have to use an acid to remove soap scum effectively.

Although Zep costs more you do not have to use as much as that cheaper cleaner, The Works. I used Zep products when I did commercial cleaning 20 years ago. Nothing cuts through the crud like this shower cleaner! All their products work great and are commercial strength. If you use less product, it becomes cheaper over all than using LOTS of a cheaper one that will not do the job!

For all you boat owners out there! I found out quite by accident that Zep Tub & Tile Cleaner removes any residue on the bottom of a boat like magic - less toxic, less expensive and less dangerous than Hull Cleaner for boats! Amazing stuff!

Bathroom Cleaner
Zep Cleaner Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningApril 6, 2007
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎄