Tuna-Vegetable Casserole

My six year old loves this. It is a quick and easy weekday meal. Add or subtract anything you like, I use it to get rid of leftovers in my fridge.

Ingredients

• 1/2 package (8 oz) of pasta, I use seashells but macaroni would work as well
  • 1 can tuna in water
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup carrots, sliced into coins
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup broccoli florets, cut small
  • 1 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup cheese, parmesan, cheddar or monterey jack
  • Salt, pepper and herbs of your choice, oregano or thyme is good in here

Topping: your choice of bread crumbs, croutons, crushed crackers, crushed potato chips or more cheese

Directions

Cook pasta according to the package direction but use the lowest time so pasta is still very firm. Saute onions in a bit of oil or butter until translucent. Drain pasta and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Mix pasta, vegetables, cheese and sauce in a casserole dish and top with your favorite topping. This is a great use for the end of the potato chip bag. Bake at 350 degrees F, covered for about 20 minutes, uncovered until brown and bubbly.

Jess from Portland, OR

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJanuary 23, 2007
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
tuna macaroni salad
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipes
Tuna Wrap
Tuna Wrap Recipes
Tuna Tetrazzini
Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
🎄