Peach Cobbler With Pie Crust

I am looking for the best peach cobbler recipe with the crust pie, not crumbs like an apple crisp? Anyone have something like that?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it's one my Mama taught me years ago and is so easy to do!

1 stick of margarine, melted

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup of milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt margarine in pan/dish you are going to bake cobbler in. While margarine is melting, mix together flour, milk and sugar until well blended. When margarine is completely melted take out and pour the batter over into the margarine, add fruit of choice. Don't stir!! You can use fresh or frozen fruit. I always add a little vanilla to my batter too. Bake for about 45 minutes or until brown on top. May garnish with ice cream or whipped topping. Just as good reheated. Enjoy!

my mom used to make one that was so good with a drop top crust-- i really wanna think that it was out of a Fanny Farmer cookbook but I can't be sure : it was a swedish apple cobbler recipe she adapted for peaches !

the crust part of the recipe below seems like what she used.

Peach Cobbler:

I've been experimenting with cobbler for some time and this recipe is the final result. Loved by all. Use fresh Georgia peaches, of course.

8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces

1/4 cup boiling water

3 tablespoons white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.

Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.

My grandmother used to make her Peach Cobbler using her homemade pie crust. She made enough crust to cover the bottom, sides, top and for strips of dough throughout the layers. She cooked it using a 2 qt casserole pan, never a pie pan.

She added her cooked & seasoned peaches (with some juice) onto the uncooked pie crust; alternating layers of peaches and strips of pie crust with a bit sugar sprinkled on the top before adding the next layer of peaches; making several layers. She then topped it off with another piece of crust with slits cut into the top to vent. It was better than any of these recipes where you mix everything together and pour it into a pan. I don't have a recipe but as I watched her make this many times, this is what I remember.

So, if you know how to make crust and can find a recipe on how to cook peaches and thicken the juices, you've got it made. Just remembered, she would always top the crust with sugar crystals. She made her blackberry cobbler just the same way and both were wonderful.

Maybe someone else out there has a specific recipe as I've been looking myself for a while.

Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.
Peach Cobbler Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts CobblersJuly 24, 2008
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Easy Peach Cobbler
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipes
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits