Storing Toilet Paper

Buying toilet paper in bulk is a common way to save money on this staple bathroom item. However, all those extra rolls can take up a lot of space. This is a guide about storing toilet paper.

September 5, 2014 Flag

This tip came to me when I realized I had loaded the last roll of TP on the plunger. I do this so when no one is home, or especially when someone is home, no one has to be called to help get a roll out of the cupboard. I house share with some younger people. Work, kids, etc. sometimes makes them forgetful.

So, this idea came up. I wanted to use a bigger one but we recycle so there wasn't one in the house. I thought of a CD, but the hole was too small. This smaller version did the trick with a nice little "Last One" note on it. Hope this helps!

Source: Preparing ahead for the inevitable last roll!

The plunger handles are not the part that is used, the plunger gets cleaned and the tip of using a plunger for toilet paper storage has been submitted a lot of times. One of these is mine, too.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf29165298.tip.html

No, I couldn't use that tip no matter how many times it is submitted. It just turns me off even if the plunger is boiled after every use.

I agree. Couldn't store it on a used plunger. Still, there are tp holders that have a dowel through the middle and are just for storing tp, so this could work.

October 5, 2011 Flag

Recently a TP company started a campaign for a can that keeps your rolls pretty. Well, I personally think the idea is valid with my own tin. And it helps when I think I am out of TP and I now know I have two rolls in reserve.

TP tin holder with lid on and extra roll on top.

January 19, 2015 Flag

This is more of a suggestion than a tip. I'm no graphics artist, so please forgive my crude and hastily put together picture.

Cabinet for Storing Toilet Tissue

August 23, 2007 Flag

The extra toilet paper was never close enough to get to it when needed. I took 3 rolls and put them on the plunger handle. The plunger has an inexpensive cover. It sure has come in handy and it does double duty.

September 7, 2011 Flag

Rinse and dry a 3 liter pop bottle. Then carefully cut off the top and bottom, near where the bottle starts to curve and there is flatness. Decorate in any way you choose to compliment your bathroom.

Plastic bottle toilet paper holder hung sideways with leaf design embossed on it.

October 30, 2006 Flag

I visited a friend's house by the beach and saw the coolest way to store toilet paper rolls in their small bathroom. They had an old wooden oar which they leaned back between the toilet and the wall.

October 1, 2005 Flag

If you do not have cabinet bathroom storage space, or it just is not close enough to the toilet, store a spare toilet paper roll this way. Cut the bottom out of a tall square type Kleenex box and slip it over the top of the roll.

June 5, 2012 Flag

Since I take any soiled items and put in my washer right away, I use my bench type hamper to store approx. 15 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom. Works great!

September 24, 2007 Flag

Store 3 rolls on tissue in the bathroom. I use a freestanding papertowel holder placed on top of my spacesaver. It takes up little room and stores extra tissue.

May 7, 2012 Flag

What can I use to store extra rolls of toilet tissue in the bathroom, near the stool. I can't use too large of a "footprint". The area is small. Thank you.

By Alma B

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a toilet paper hanger that holds two rolls that you attach to the tank of the toilet and as you can see fits in tight spaces. It is decorative and very handy! This picture shows one roll in the holder so you can see more of the holder itself.

You can hang a rope near the toilet and using a larks head knot you can slip a dowel threw. A curtain rod hung on the wall, a macrame pot holder you can get at the thrift store, hang a multi candle sconce on the wall and stick the tp on each holder section.

If you don't have one you can go to a yard sale and buy a metal sugar/flour can that is big enough for a roll of toilet paper. You can put this on top of your tank for decoration or on the floor under the tank for emergency.

January 31, 2005 Flag

I use a cake cooling rack under the bathroom sink to sit new rolls of toilet paper on. If, by some chance, there is a leak under the sink, the toilet paper stays high and dry.

Organizing StorageOctober 17, 2011
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄