Storing Toilet Paper

Buying toilet paper in bulk is a common way to save money on this staple bathroom item. However, all those extra rolls can take up a lot of space. This is a guide about storing toilet paper.

Rolls of Toilet Paper
Filter Sort

Tip: Extra Toliet Paper Stored on Plunger Handle

By Pati Mishler 49 59

The extra toilet paper was never close enough to get to it when needed. I took 3 rolls and put them on the plunger handle. The plunger has an inexpensive cover. It sure has come in handy and it does double duty.

By Jamish from Ransom, KS

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Marking Last Roll of TP

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132

This tip came to me when I realized I had loaded the last roll of TP on the plunger. I do this so when no one is home, or especially when someone is home, no one has to be called to help get a roll out of the cupboard. I house share with some younger people. Work, kids, etc. sometimes makes them forgetful.

So, this idea came up. I wanted to use a bigger one but we recycle so there wasn't one in the house. I thought of a CD, but the hole was too small. This smaller version did the trick with a nice little "Last One" note on it. Hope this helps!

Marking Last Roll of TP

Source: Preparing ahead for the inevitable last roll!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Store Rolls of Toilet Paper in Pretty Tin

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132

Recently a TP company started a campaign for a can that keeps your rolls pretty. Well, I personally think the idea is valid with my own tin. And it helps when I think I am out of TP and I now know I have two rolls in reserve.

I don't keep mine on a roller for two reasons. First, I have a weak muscle in my neck and turning left is hard for me, especially when I can't turn the whole body. Also, the TP roller was so close to me I kept hitting my elbow on it, so I took it off. I have been keeping it on the tub side, but Cornelius the Curious Cat loves to see it in the tub, so I came up with this.

Simply find a tin you like, a taller one is cooler, and put two inside. Voila! You never run out. You could also do this with a pretty vase and fake flowers or foliage. Anything you choose is right, so just make it easy, pretty, and convenient.

Decorative tin used for extra TP storage. TP tin holder with lid on and extra roll on top.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Storing Toilet Paper

By melody_yesterday 228 664

Plastic bottle toilet paper holder hung sideways with leaf design embossed on it.This is a nice way to store toilet paper and keep it dry, out of the way, and off the floor.

Rinse and dry a 3 liter pop bottle. Then carefully cut off the top and bottom, near where the bottle starts to curve and there is flatness. Decorate in any way you choose to compliment your bathroom. Secure to wall with 2 upholstery tacks. (Regular tacks may work, but are shorter.) Slide the TP into the tube to store one roll.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Unusual Way to Store Extra Toilet Paper

By pam munro 522 790

I visited a friend's house by the beach and saw the coolest way to store toilet paper rolls in their small bathroom. They had an old wooden oar which they leaned back between the toilet and the wall - and then they put the toilet paper rolls on the shaft of the oar! (I guess you could adapt that idea to other stick things - I started to think about walking sticks and umbrellas!)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Storing An Extra Roll of Toilet Paper

If you do not have cabinet bathroom storage space, or it just is not close enough to the toilet, store a spare toilet paper roll this way. Cut the bottom out of a tall square type Kleenex box and slip it over the top of the roll. It's both pretty and handy, sitting on the toilet top.

By Linda

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use a Papertowel Holder for Toilet Tissue Storage

By jeanette anderson 5 11

Store 3 rolls on tissue in the bathroom. I use a freestanding papertowel holder placed on top of my spacesaver. It takes up little room and stores extra tissue. Don't you dislike being in the bathroom and you have run out of tissue. This works great in my house.

By Jeananna from Detroit, MI

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Cabinet for Storing Toilet Tissue

By likekinds 114 508

This is more of a suggestion than a tip. I'm no graphics artist, so please forgive my crude and hastily put together picture.

I've seen a lot of tips (and controversy) about storing toilet tissue on ThriftyFun. Some were good, but I don't think any were truly ideal. I think it would be best if the tissue were stored out of sight and certainly not on any device or gadget sitting on the floor.

I am suggesting a tiny, wall mounted enclosure to house the tissue. It should be light weight and easily mounted with only 2-4 screws. There should be enough bottom clearance so that cleaning the floor underneath would be no problem. It should be of a configuration that permits it to be placed within arms length of the commode.

It would be great if someone would consider the marketability of such a product. In the meantime, I can see this small, simple little cabinet for storing four or five rolls of tissue, as a perfect project for the weekend do it yourselfer. And who knows, those of a creative nature might find a tiny item intended for something else, the perfect thing for this purpose.

Cabinet for Storing Toilet Tissue

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Storing Toilet Tissue

By Alma 4

What can I use to store extra rolls of toilet tissue in the bathroom, near the stool. I can't use too large of a "footprint". The area is small. Thank you.

By Alma B

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Betty 104 753 Flag

Not the prettiest thing but you can store several rolls on the handle of your bathroom plunger. Takes up hardly any room.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Storing Extra Toilet Paper

By Shirley 8 9

Since I take any soiled items and put in my washer right away, I use my bench type hamper to store approx. 15 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom. Works great!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Keeping Extra Toilet Paper Dry

I use a cake cooling rack under the bathroom sink to sit new rolls of toilet paper on. If, by some chance, there is a leak under the sink, the toilet paper stays high and dry.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Organizing StorageOctober 17, 2011
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
      Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
      Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
      Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
      Toilet Brush Head
      Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
      Saving Money on Toilet Paper
      Saving Money on Toilet Paper
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 11:34:41 AM on 10.0.0.136 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings