Twenty-Four Hour Fruit Salad
- 1 (16 1/2 oz.) can pitted sweet cherries, drained
- 2 (15 1/4 oz.) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained and 2 Tbsp. juice reserved
- 3 oranges, cut into small chunks or 2 (11 oz.) cans (mandarin orange segments, drained, can be substituted for the oranges)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
Whipped Cream Dressing:
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. reserved pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Prepare Whipped Cream Dressing. "Gently" toss dressing and remaining ingredients in large glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours to blend flavors but no longer than 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.
Heat all ingredients except whipping cream just to boiling in 1 quart saucepan over medium heat; stirring constantly; cool. Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold in egg mixture.
By Jodi from Aurora, CO
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
- 2 cups chilled, cooked white rice
- 1 (16 oz.) can drained fruit cocktail
- 1 (11 oz.) can drained mandarin oranges
- 1 (20 oz.) can drained pineapple chunks
- 1 (3.5 oz.) pkg. flaked coconut
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sour cream
The day before serving, combine in a large bowl rice, fruit cocktail, oranges, pineapple chunks, coconut, marshmallows and sour cream. Refrigerate, covered; toss occasionally. Immediately before serving line salad bowl with lettuce leaves. Stir up fruit mixture; then lightly pile on lettuce and serve at once. Makes about 8 servings.
By Robin from Washington, IA
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 10:25:16 AM on 10.0.1.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us