Washer Not Spinning Properly

When your washer stops spinning properly, you are often left with a machine full of wet laundry. This is a guide about a washer not spinning properly.

A washer full of clothes and water.

Having a washer full of wet clothes because it is not spinning all of the water out is frustrating. This is a guide about washer does not spin water out of clothes.

Washer Not Spinning

This is a guide about Kenmore washer not spinning. It is frustrating to be left with a wet load of laundry when your washer won't go into the spin cycle.

Well guys, I got the same problem yesterday night. My washing mashine didn't spin the water out. In the morning, I opened the small door on the front of the machine, in the right down corner. It was not easy, but finally opened.

After I twisted the cap and pull out a very very stinking and disgusting black thing. Bleah!

At first I thought I finished, but after I checked inside with a flashlight, and saw, there is some more of this disgusting black stuff. I pushed inside a fork and got it out. At the same time all the water came out to the floor. So I think the water couldnt leave, because the filter was totally full.

Now I am testing it and hope it was the only problem. I hope I could help you guys! Have a nice day!

What's wrong with the spin feature? It doesn't seem to spin water out and smells like rubber/plastic burning.

By creek girl

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

Late to the party here, but it sounds like your drive belt is worn out and the pulley has rubbed against it causing it to overheat. When this happens the belt is compromised and needs to be replaced. When you replace the belt with a new one the tensioner may need to be adjusted depending on how tight/loose the belt is. If the motor spins but the tub doesn't, the tension needs to be tighter. If the whole thing spins fine, you should be good to go.

*Some washing machines are belt driven, some have the tub mounted directly atop the motor. It just depends on the model.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure there are belts in the machines any more. I didn't see any when I had mine repaired! Call a repairperson. It would be great if you could find someone who specializes in this, and didn't have to go through a big department store.

When my Samsung front load washer goes into the spin cycle, it acts like it can't balance itself out, therefore it doesn't get up to full speed. Therefore the clothes are not getting rung out all the why. Any solutions to this problem?

Anonymous

It turns fairly hard so I assume it must be the clutch. Thanks

You might just need to run calibration.

http://support-  d=&from_osc=

I have a 20 - 30 year old Kenmore 110 washer. They do not make the washers and dryers last anymore. Both my washer and dryer are working well, except the washer does not spin all the water out on the permanent press spin cycle. It will spin all the water out properly on the sturdy cotton cycle. What might be the problem?

Thank you for your quick response. I have looked at new washers and dryers and am constantly told by the sales person that I should only expect 8- 10 years at the most. What a sorry statement. Several salesman have told me just to keep what I have until is completely breaks. It is not the money so much as the fact that they have built in planned obsolescence that makes me want to keep the washer just for spite.

Replace the belt. We had that problem a while back.

I have a Kenmore washer/dryer model# 110.88762793. It will fill with water and go through a whole wash cycle. When it's time for it to spin the water out it stops and will not do anything else. It will not pump the water out either. Can someone help me figure this out?

By Lowery

Best Answer

Check that nothing is blocking the washer door from closing all the way. There is a sensor that stops the cycle when the door is open.

Anonymous

Lid switch

My Frigidaire front load washer won't spin all the water out on my clothes. They come out soaking wet. Can some one help with the part I need to change?

By Lena R.

Best Answer

Check part select.com. They have great prices on the parts you need plus help you figure out what's wrong.

My Frigadale frontload washer won't ring out water.

I have a Maytag Atlantis MAVT634AWW. It spins slowly and slightly off balance and is making a little noise. It sounds like it's coming from the bottom. I put in a new thrust bearing kit today, but it was no help. Do you have any idea what's going on? The tub bearing was changed last year, as well as, the belt.

Is it level? I know my Bosch had issues once when it was not level.

My mother had a washer off balance. It made a lot of noise. There are feet on the bottom of the machine that you can adjust.

I have a Frigidaire front load washer, model gltf2940fs1. The problem started with water not pumping out, so l ordered a new drain pump. I put it on and now it pumps water out OK, but now it won't go into high spin to remove excess water from clothes. It will go thru all cycles OK except final spin cycle and will not complete final spin cycle. It shuts off with about 7 or 8 minutes left.

By John from Rockford, OH

Best Answer

You can contact the manufacturer for help online or by phone:

http://www.frigidaire.com/

CALL US

Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm

1 (800) 374-4432 (EST)

My washer will not spin properly; it spins roughly?

By Larry from Midway, FL

Best Answer

Is it an old washer? Sometimes, if the machine is very old, they just wear out, and spin off-kilter. Another thing that might be wrong is that the machine might not be sitting level. Does this happen all the time, or only once in a while? All machines will spin erratically, some will even dance across the room, if they have an unbalanced load, especially one that is very heavy. Try not filling the machine as full.

My washing machine still washes, but it doesn't do the hard spin it's meant to do, so the clothes still are very wet. There isn't any excess water and there are no blockages. Can anyone help?

By Julie from Wick, Caithness

Best Answer

No smart alec answer from me. The motor is weak. Most of the time it is the brushes are worn down to almost nothing. The brushes cost about $10.00 a pair and are very easy to replace. Make sure you UNPLUG the washer. If the brushes are not shorter than 1/4" or so, the motor may be worn out. The motor is also easily replaced if everything else is good. I replaced my pump (easy) and the brushes and got a "brand new" washing machine for $60.00 instead of $600.00. Google "how to replace washing machine motor brushes" for more info.

Here is an article I found I hope it helps!

http://www.ehow  n-out-water.html

I have an Estate heavy duty washer and it will not spin with a large or even medium load. Small loads without towels will spin just fine.

What should I look for to be the problem?

Most likely the clutch is going out.

The spin cycle spins, but the clothes are still quite damp.
Does it still need a new belt?

By Laurie

Best Answer

I don't think washers have belts any more. Call a repair person, and get it fixed in a jiffy.

I have a Whirlpool top load washing machine model wtw57esvw0. I have replaced a broken lid switch. The problem I am having is sometimes the spin cycle works, sometimes it does not. I did 4 loads without a problem, the 5th load did not spin, so very wet clothes. I was able to spin the basket and it felt like it caught, and spun the clothes dry. Could it be the transmission or clutch?

By Rob

Best Answer

There is no transmission or clutch in washing machines. It is likely a small part, but I suggest you call a repair person who knows what he is doing, and has the parts on hand. The cost is more than worth it for the convenience.

Why is my Roper washer not spinning as well as I used to? The clothes are still very wet.

By Allen from St. James, MO

Best Answer

It's possible the belt is wearing out and needs replacing. If all else works great, that's my best guess.

I got the same problem yesterday night. My washing mashine didn't spin the water. In the morning I opened the small door on the front of the mashine, in the right down corner. It was not easy, but finally opened. After I twisted the cap and pull out a very, very stinking and disgusting black thing. Bleah!

At first I thought I finished, but after I checked inside with a flashlight, and saw, there is some more of this disgusting black stuff. I pushed inside a fork and got it out. In the same time ALL THE WATER came out to the floor. So I think the water couldnt leave, because the filter was totally full.

My washer doesn't spin fast enough and leaves my clothes wet. How do I fix it with household tools?

By Jonathan

Best Answer

Sounds like your belt is too loose.

I have an Amana top loading heavy duty washing machine, probably 5-8 years old. It does not seem to spin clothes as dry as usual. Is there anything I can check or do before calling a repair person?

By KS from Mountain Home, AR

Best Answer

I'd check the condition of the belt. Perhaps it's stretched a bit or worn. This would mean it's not as tight as when new.

My, just about two years old, washing machine has just died on me! It is running and stopping, but doesn't spin or get the water out. Only when I force by using a button it does the specific action but again, not for too long.

My 2000 KitchenAid washer will not spin the last cycle to remove all the water!

Load More