Kenmore Washer Not Spinning Out All of the Water?

I have a 20 - 30 year old Kenmore 110 washer. They do not make the washers and dryers last anymore. Both my washer and dryer are working well, except the washer does not spin all the water out on the permanent press spin cycle. It will spin all the water out properly on the sturdy cotton cycle. What might be the problem?

If you phone a repair person, most will tell you that your washer is too old to bother fixing. Mine was only 16 years old and washed clothes for only 1 or 2 people most of those years. I could not get anyone to fix it since out regular repairman closed his business. I might suspect that there is something worn out in the switch/dial/ whatever you have that controls the cycle. If I were you, I would simply wash my clothes on the cotton cycle, or wash them on the Perm/press cycle, and then switch over to the cotton cycle for the spin. If your machine is 30 years old, you are not going to get anyone to come and look at it, unless you have a saint for a repair person.

Thank you for your quick response. I have looked at new washers and dryers and am constantly told by the sales person that I should only expect 8- 10 years at the most. What a sorry statement.

Several salesman have told me just to keep what I have until is completely breaks. It is not the money so much as the fact that they have built in planned obsolescence that makes me want to keep the washer just for spite.

Replace the belt. We had that problem a while back.

The timer may be off. We had that issue with one of our washers. Out of warranty, of course.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 27, 2016
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Kenmore-Washer-Not-Spinning-Out-All-of-the-Water-1.html