Browsing: Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing

Underarm sweat stains can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing underarm sweat stains from clothing.

sweat stain on dark clothing
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 9, 2016 Flag

I bought a beautiful white sweater at a yard sale. The challenge though was the sweater had large yellow armpit stains. I got all sorts of advice, use OXI, use vinegar, use lemon juice, use baking soda; they all failed. Then someone said use what "caused the stain". Hmmmmm, deodorant.Getting the stains out

I used a stick of solid white deodorant and rubbed it thickly into both sides inside and out. Let it sit in cold water overnight. Washed as normal the next morning and Wha-La! Beautiful white sweater that looks like new!

Getting the stains outGetting the stains out

September 24, 2016 Flag

How can I remove old stubborn stain on collars and arm-pit areas?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

soak in white vinegar and then wash in hot water with detergent,

April 19, 2010 Flag

I've seen several requests recently regarding removing those ugly yellow sweat stains from clothing. I heard this tip this morning and thought it might help someone.

Use one plain, regular-strength, crushed aspirin per half cup of hot water. Dissolve the aspirin in the water. Soak clothes in this for a couple of hours and wash as usual. The stains should be gone.

Source: "The CBS Early Show, this morning's tip segment.

By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH

March 28, 2011 Flag

A paste of aspirin will work to get rid of yellow antiperspirant stains (and other protein-based stains). This is in addition to the age-old white vinegar/meat tenderizer remedies.

February 13, 2012 Flag

Make a paste of the cheapest aspirin you can find and grind into a powderish consistency. Then mix with water to form a thick paste. Spread paste over stain and rub in.

August 24, 2009 Flag

What will get sweat stains off of white shirts and t-shirts. My partner's clothes always stain under the arms. We have tried using different deodorants, but they still appear. I have tried things like Vanish, etc. what works the best so far is Shout spray and Ace bleach, but they are still visible. Any help will be appreciated.

By nikkib763 from UK

Firstly, try using Oxy-Clean in a sink of warm water and soaking the stained clothes for about 20 minutes. That should help. Secondly, deodorants do not prevent perspiration. Your partner needs to use a good Anti-Perspirant, try Gillette Clear Gel.

Get a small spray bottle and fill it with white vinegar to keep by the washer. Spray the perspiration stains and wash as usual. Vinegar is also good if you have purchase a clothing item that the dye has an odor to it that will not wash out. Just either hand wash the item in vinegar and regular detergent (let the article soak for a while) or launder by itself.

April 13, 2011 Flag

I have these dark stains in the underarm section of my white/bone blouses and shirts. The blouses are white and the long sleeve shirt is a Lycra knit. How do remove the stains? I have tried Oxiclean in my HE machine, but it did not work. Thank you.

By Sheila from So. Hadley, MA

I had the same issue with my son's T-shirts. I tried the Oxi-clean in my HE machine with no luck. But, when I tried a way on thriftyfun, I had great success. First fill your sink, etc. with hot water. Add about four scopes of Oxi-clean. Let soak overnight. Wring and wash as usual in your machine. This way worked so well that I tried it on old dried in blood stains and it removed about 95% of them.

Try Hydrogen Peroxide. My daughter just told me yesterday how well this works. We had a water spot on a tile ceiling once, and sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide, and it removed the stain.

March 31, 2011 Flag

How to get underarm stains from both black and white t-shirts?

By Robin from Pocono mountains, PA

Believe it or not you can soak the white ones in water and just toss in a couple of tablets of plain white aspirin - yup aspirin. I've no idea if this works on black.

I tried a rememdy recommended by a previous post and it worked great on whites. I don't know about colors, though. For the whites, mix a couple of scoups of "Oxi-Clean" with hot water in a sink, etc. Add clothing and let set over night. Launder as usual. It removerd old set in persperation stains. I also tried it on old, set-in blood stains and it removed 95% of therm.

March 29, 2011 Flag

What is the best solution for old underarm stains? They are mostly on the white colors. They are all yellow, both under the arm and on the collar.

By Thea from Phoenix, AZ

Believe it or not, you soak it in a couple of tablets of plain old aspirin.

Sorry, aspirin and water. I reread it and it appeared to be unclear.

March 24, 2005 Flag

My teenage sons are very active. Consequently, their shirts have an odor and perspiration stains even after laundering. They take showers everyday and use a deodorant but they still perspire. Does anyone have any solutions to my problem. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to get the stains out of their clothes.

Maria

A wet tissue found it's way into my darks load. Now there is tissue on everything and it won't come off with a lint roller. What do I do?

i think baking soda added to your washing, takes out odors, it may remove the stained spots too. I used 1/2 to 1 cup, plus i used my Ariel powder laundry soap along with it.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsFebruary 28, 2012
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:33:47 AM on 10.0.1.95 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.