Making a Flag Lapel Pin (Safety Pins and Beads)
Show your patriotic spirit with these easy flag themed pins. This is a guide about making a flag lapel pin
with safety pins and beads.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
List of Supplies:
- safety pins: 1 gold pin size #1 (measures 1 inch) and 10 gold pins size #00
- beads: glass beads in red, white, and blue - Size 10MM
- Using the photos as a guide, spread the loop on the large gold pin and set aside.
- You will need a needle nose pliers and something to spread the loop end of your large safety pin. I find that a metal fingernail file works well for this, or perhaps a small letter holder.
- Prepare the small pins with the appropriate color glass beads. Each pin holds 7 beads. (Note: Beads may vary slightly in size, so you may have to change a bead or two so they will fit.)
- Six of the pins will have red and white alternately. The remaining four will start with 3 blue followed by four white and red alternately.
- Arrange as in photo 4 and assemble your pin using the photos as your guide. Wear with pride!
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
Related Content(article continues below)
Read More Comments
April 4, 20100 found this helpful
I have made all sorts of cute things with this same type of pattern. Candy corn, ghost, Santa head, and more by using counted cross stitch patterns. Just use a bead instead of thread in the pattern.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:28:18 PM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us