Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball

We are attending a masquerade ball and need to decorate a table for 8. Any suggestions?

By Lori from AK

Here are questions related to Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball.

Question: Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball

I'm having a masquerade ball party and I love hot pink, black, bright blue, and green. I need decorations that are only those colors. I really want this to be a night to remember for the guys and the girls.

By Bailey from Farmington, NM

Most Recent Answer

By Diamond D.05/23/2011

To create some ambiance, candles are needed: here's a way to add some drama>>get as many clear glass containers/vases as you can (even old empty jars work)..different sizes and shapes but you want them as wide as possible. Then make (or buy) masks to put on each one: cut from a template or design each differently using card stock or felt.

Cut eye holes, then on upper left corner above eye hole (looking at mask), punch a hole and string various skinny ribbons through it to hang down (you can knot the ends or add little bells or dangling jewels or buttons)..

Then glue long feather plumes to the back of the mask or pieces of it, make them as colorful as you want or do a solid color, embellish masks by gluing on little glitter pieces, jewels, buttons, etc.

Hot glue a rubber band on the back of the mask and fit it around your jar. Fill jar most of the way up (past the eyes), tint the water with food coloring, add a floating tea light candle: the light will shine through the eyes for a nice table decoration or wherever you put them.

Another idea: use helium balloons in small bunches grouped together at various heights, tie together and weight them down on the floor with a rock covered in tissue paper of a color. You can use craft sparkle spray glue to spray the balloons for added glitz! Set these up around the party area, you can even do a few and spray an area on the balloon and then add a felt mask--great table centerpiece when weighted down in a small gift bag with tissue paper. (cut the mask, add glitter and have it ready to put on the balloon once it's sprayed, don't make the mask too heavy. ;).

Another idea is to use colored metallic curtains (from party store) and hang them up so the strips flow, or use in doorways, or crepe paper streamers twisted is another way to decorate. Always have something at the entryway to welcome the guests and set the mood: Making a huge mask and attaching to the front door is a good idea.

You want the lighting to not be too bright but not too dim either. If you can get some multi-colored lights to run around the room to add to the excitement, that would be great.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball

My friends and I are hosting a masquerade ball as a sweet 16 but don't have much of a budget. We could use some decorating ideas.

***

Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball
*** I am thinking of having a black and white sweet 16 masquerade party. I have sorted out the hall and the DJ, but still haven't got any decorations. I've decided on long tables, I really want that elegant feel to the room but am unsure how to do it on a tight budget. Can any one please help me?

By Ilovetitch from UK

RE: Decorating Ideas for a Masquerade Ball

Make some large masks in different colors out of paper, glue lace around the edges and hang on the walls, maybe in pairs. (04/19/2009)

By Anonymous

I need decoration ideas for a Masquerade 21st birthday. I am really stuck for ideas on how to decorate for a Masquerade. I have very little imagination so I would truly appreciate if someone can send me photos. Thank you.

By Razzy

I don't have photos, but I would look online for Mardi Gras theme party. Most larger craft or party stores usually have inexpensive masks that you could glue feathers, or beads to. I hope that helps a little! (06/22/2009)

By growagourd

I'm throwing my daughter a masquerade ball sweet sixteen party. She wants the white fabric everywhere, but it's going to cost a fortune. Any ideas for how to decorate cheaper and still have her happy?

By Angela from Blytheville, AR

Some of the plastic tablecloths have a pretty fabric-y look to them. You might go with those for draping, especially where they will be background. You can get them at the dollar store; or by the roll from party stores. (09/17/2010)

By Jilson

You could also use tulle or nylon net, they are both really cheap and the nylon net especially is really wide. (09/17/2010)

By redhatterb