Masquerade Ball Prom Theme

We are going to have a masquerade prom and I wanted to know if any one had ideas for the food, decorations, and colors. I'm not sure how many people will be there yet.

Amber

Editor's Note: Here are some other posts on ThriftyFun that may be helpful for your Masquerade Prom:

I am on the Prom Committee for my school and we need to think of different ways of decorating to go with our theme. Our theme is a Masquerade Ball, Any ideas that aren't really expensive?

Mighty Mouse from WacTown, MN

Host it in your gym or cafetiria.

Buy a whole bunch of white Christmas lights, and string them up along the walls along with some fake flower vines and intertwine them for a very formal feel and to hide the wires. Buy some paper lanterns and criss cross them across the ceiling, and in front of the outside entrance. For decorations on the table, put small jars full of fake (or real) roses and other flowers, with reflective stones. Tie a ribbon around the glass jar, and hang from it tiny little plastic instrutments that an orchestra will play, like a violin or tuba.

For a really classic feel, see if you can organize the first dance like a traditional dance from some period movie.

I'm the head of the stage decoration committee of our incoming promenade and I don't know what I'm going to design. Some information, please!