Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas

Category Party Themes
Mardi Gras themed parties are very popular. This is a guide about Mardi Gras masquerade party ideas.

I wanted to know if anyone had any decoration ideas for a Mardi Gras masked party? Be as lavish as you can. I'm thinking of a vitorian garden with a center stage and a ball floor around stage with arbors and trellis entraces. At the entraces I will have victorian light posts (if I can find them). I'll put large trees by the light posts and small foliage around the stage to fill in gaps of non-entraces to stage.

I'll have: Tables and chairs around the dance area with linen tablecloths. Mardi gras center pieces. Ice scupture of Boeuf Gras "fatted bull". A traditional theme float in the REX parade. Buffet style caterer. Music/DJ or band. King and Queen Chairs. I feel like I missing so much still.

Any ideas?
Alyssan78 from Albuquerque,NM

Answers

You could decorate the chair backs somehow.
Possibly pull an inexpensive pillowcase over the chair back and decorate it with ribbons, bows, masks...
Otherwise, sounds like you thought of everything.

Are the invitations special?

Have a butler announce the new arrivals.
Put streamers on the lamp posts.

Thank you cookwie(264)! You have great ideas. Yes, I'm trying to find someone to do the invitations. I'm hoping to find a good caligrapher/artist to help design them, they should be nice enogh that people want to keep them as sovenir for the year they attended. I like the idea of seat covers too. I don't want it to look like a wedding, and with the added ribbon in Mardi Gras Colors it could be pulled off.

Beads, beads, beads! Oh, and lots of doubloons, too!

Try vase's with peacock feathers, Mardi Gras colored ribbon tied on the napkins with beads attached, use plain masks and decorate with sparkles, spray paint and feathers then hang them in the trees a long with white or green lights. Don't forget the king cake.

Happy New Year, Gloria