Uses for Mardi Gras Beads

Category Reusing
Mardi Gras is a traditional pre-lent celebration held in New Orleans and other locations. The fun has spread to other areas with the characteristic "throws" or beads easily obtained. This is a guide about uses for Mardi gras beads.

I was out and about, and I saw this beautiful Christmas tree. It had sections of metallic bead garland which had been cut into 8 inch or so pieces and hung on the tree. The way they hung them, the top was draped over to form the crook of a candy cane. They were all over the tree. It was so pretty,

I wanted to share this, I didn't have my camera with me. The garlands I am talking about are the ones that look like shiny small Mardi Gras beads for the Christmas tree.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

I found this mask for .59 at my local thrift store. The beads are from the dollar tree so the whole thing was 8.59. It could be cheaper if you have your own beads and just get a cute mask from the dollar tree, but I couldn't find any beads anywhere but new.

Use them on a small Christmas tree as garland. I have a small tree I put up in my dining room, and I put small ornaments that would get lost on my big tree on it. Instead of tinsel or garland, I loop Mardi Gras beads of all different colors together and drape them around it. They shine, even when the lights aren't on.

Some restaurants give them away, and I've got a bunch my son collected somewhere, and I think they are sold in craft stores. All of mine have been free.

I know my family jokes that if I like something, I either frame it or hang it on the Christmas tree.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes