Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

How do you remove old permanent marker off of refrigerator with an "orange peel" surface texture?

Best Answer

Have you ever tried Solumel from Melaleuca or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I have found that both these products are wonderfully helpful when I have a crisis with stains in my household.

Best Answer

I used Awesome from the dollar store, worked great.

Best Answer

My daughter scribbled all over the front of my White Refrigerator in regular writing Blue Ink Pen. After reading the posts here, I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and some perfume. It lifted the ink on contact and broke it up so all I had to do was wipe it off. My husband came with his cologne half way through the cleaning and it didn't work as well as my perfume. So maybe if one perfume doesn't work as well, try another. I used "Jadore" by Christian Dior.

Thank you all for the tips! You saved me!!(2/08/08)

NOTHING beat a Mr. Clean eraser for marks on our fridge. I thought our handles would never come clean till I tried the Mr. Clean, it's got anything and everything that has come across the fridge.

mr. clean's magic eraser for marker!

I just found that Magic eraser and rubbing alcohol worked great. The permanent marker came off, some of it wiped right off the other part I had to scrub a little, put I got it all off the refrigerator the kitchen floor and the walls.

Chemico pink paste. Nothing moved the felt pen and I was sure we were stuck with someone's foolish expectation that felt pen could be easily removed.

Well the Chemico is the miracle worker.

Today I came here because I got permanent marker on my mom's countertop (I think it is formica). I'm only 14 so I don't know much about cleaning. I tried everything from salt water, easy-off BAM, and scrubbing bubbles, even toothpaste but nothing worked. I had to tell my mom, of course, and she tried Bar Keeper's Friend (the powder) and it came right off. I hope this helps!

Wow, I just tried using OFF bug spray to get the marker off the fridge-and it took it right off! I'm amazed!

I blew a fuse after my son drew on the fridge with a black Sharpie...Mr. Magic Eraser, hairspray, even paint thinner didn't work. Nail polish remover (with acetone) took it right off! Thank you (especially in my son's name! LOL)!

Perfume works perfect! It doesn't hurt the surface and is usually handy. Plus the room will smell nice. You can use cologne too!

Aquafresh Triple Action Toothpaste took it right off when alcohol, perfume, WD40, fingernail polish remover, and shaving cream did not work at all.

My grandson who is 3 1/2 wrote all over my white refrigerator with black permanent marker and perfume worked perfectly. I tried alcohol, sos pad, toothpaste and nothing worked except perfume.

My 2 year old daughter wrote on our white refrigertor with a sharpie black permanent marker about 5 days ago and I tried magic eraser by it's self goo gone everything and came here and ended up using a magic eraser dry and added finger nail polish remover w/acetone and it worked wonders no real hard scrubbing involved I just had to find the right combo

I've used permanent markers on the job everyday for 35 years. When I mark an object (metal ie) incorrectly I just go over the mark again with the permanent marker and wipe immediately with a rag the wet marker will draw out the dry first mark making it easier to wipe off.

The best way that I completely got the permanent marker off my white fridge was with hairspray and bleach. I first sprayed the hairspray to make the mark lighter, after that I cleaned with bleach, with no little work the bleach just did it's job. Hope this helps!

My husband used dry erase marker on our white fridge and it would not come completely off. There was a shadow left where he had written. We tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, 409, finger nail polish remover, clorox bathroom cleaner and a bunch of other stuff.

Finally we tried John Deere Ultra Surface Polish. (I use this to clean my ceramic stove top) it worked great! Took the stain right off and left my fridge looking great. I think you can get this stuff at any John Deere dealer. It's in a small yellow/white bottle.

I know this going to sound crazy but it really works! Rud the area with rubbing alcohol for 30 seconds-then dry-then rub area with toothpaste (use same amount you would to brush your teeth) for 30 seconds-then wash with hot water and dry......stain gone!

May 8, 2007 Flag

How do I get permanent marker off a white fridge?

Chris from Canada

Answers:

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

I got permenant marker on the counter. I wet a paper towel and put a little bit of Soft Scrub on the counter. I rubbed and the marker came right off. Don't know why it wouldn't work the same on the refrigerator. (12/20/2006)

By Linda

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Toothpaste also works on some surfaces. (12/20/2006)

By fauxpaslover

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

I had that permanent marker on my fridge before and what takes it completely off is baking soda on a scotch pad. I would not do any nail polish remover as that could ruin the surface of the door. (12/20/2006)

By trayj24736.

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I got magic marker off of a plastic outdoor table, I hope it will work for you! (12/20/2006)

By H from Illinois

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Alcohol is the correct answer, thats why the ink dries so quickly. I mean to say that what keeps the ink inside the marker from drying is alcohol. So the correct solvent should be alcohol. If you are not a drinker, then try some cologne or perfume spray. These have alcohol and work well too. Alcohol will not harm the paint on the refrigerator as the paint on the refrigerator is mostly oil based. (12/21/2006)

By Guest

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Spray a little hair spray on a rag and rub the spot. (12/21/2006)

By Janice

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Use a q-tip to carefully apply nail polish remover and rub until the marks are gone. (12/27/2006)

By Allison

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

I came to this page because this JUST happened to me! It was blue, black, and red dry erase marker. Hairspray, rubbing alcohol, gel cuticle remover, and nail polish remover DID NOT work. Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser faded it some. The winner is Soft Scrub with bleach! My hero! And no more babysitters! (01/16/2007)

By Jennifer

December 19, 2006 Flag

I need suggestions on what to use to remove permenant marker ink (red) from my refrigerator.

Thanks,
Pat from FL

Answers:

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Have you tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser? I got it to take permanent marker off something else once. Vinegar is also a wonderful cleaner. Good luck! (11/02/2005)

By smcarney

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Acetone! We use this at work, and it will take permanent marker off of nearly any non-permeable surface. (11/02/2005)

By wes

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Try nailpolish remover - that stuff shifts a whole range of things! (11/02/2005)

By goatgirl

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Hairspray works on most permanent marker marks. (11/02/2005)

By JG

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

It's amazing! My daughter wrote with permanent marker on entertainment center, living room carpet, and a dining room chair when she was younger. I read about a household hint of using HAIRSPRAY. I sprayed it on all three locations and the marker came right off. (11/03/2005)

By Stroeger

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

OOPs, GooGone or WD-40 (11/03/2005)

By Linda

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

Rubbing alchohol was the first and only thing I had to try. My daughter had a dry erase board on the fridge and decided she would decorate all around it with permanent marker. I just poured it on a paper towel and barely even scrubbed. Came right off. (01/09/2006)

By jill

Permanent Marker on a Refrigerator

The bug spray OFF got permanent marker off of my brand new washer and dryer after my kids used it as a drawing board. You just spray it on and watch it dissolve. I was amazed. It was such a simple remedy after I had spent two hours scrubbing it and it had barely even faded. (09/16/2006)

By peaches2627

row of white refrigerators
Cleaning Textured Appliances
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 8, 2007
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄