Keep Diluted Dish Soap By Sink

Several years ago, I was using up the last of a bottle of dish soap, but the last bit was stuck on the bottom of the bottle. I added water and used a bit, then thought about how nice it was to have diluted dish soap on hand. It's great for doing just a few dishes without filling the whole sink or to wash greasy hands without having to rinse and rinse to get the thick stuff off.

I implemented this at my parent's house, and they loved both the convenience and the fact that it encouraged my tween sister to wash her hands more. I dilute my hand soap too, but only by 1/2, whereas with the dish soap I just put a thin layer of soap on the bottom of the bottle and fill the rest with water. Also, I buy giant refill bottles of dish and hand soap at my local Costco to save money too.

P.S. I always buy Dawn dish soap because Dawn is biodegradeable and helps save wildlife affected by oilspills.

By Natalie M. from Fairfax, VA

Natalie, I always loved Dawn. However, hubby insists on buying Joy. With your tip, I have the ammo to argue for a switch back to Dawn, thanks!

Hi Natalie and Jo and Everyone,

The original blue Dawn Dishwashing Liquid is also the best soap/shampoo to use on a pet that is having trouble with fleas or tics too. Dawn kills them instantly without harming your fur babies.

Dawn is the best grease-cutting dishwashing liquid on the market today as well. I add a little immediately to a greasy pot or pan, and rub it all over, then use hot water to wash it or allow it to sit for a little while if foods are baked on, and it's fast-acting too.

The folks who live in the areas that were affected by oil spills wouldn't think of using anything else because the company (Proctor & Gamble) has been so generous about "giving back" to their communities wherever and whenever they are needed.

If only other companies were just half as good as Proctor & Gamble and our

own Thrifty Fun people.

Think about it!

Pookarina / Julia

Nice to know that Dawn is biodegradable! Thanks!

Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsJune 12, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄
🍂