Stretching Chicken Salad

I happened on this when I had some chicken salad left, but not enough to serve 3 people since my son's return home to finish his degree at a local university.

I had some fresh cauliflower in the refrigerator and a couple of boiled eggs. I chopped up the eggs and then finely chopped the cauliflower, adding a bit of ranch dressing - and voila! No one was the wiser and it tasted great! Besides the taste, it also made the chicken salad more nutritious.

By Linda from Zeeland, MI

My favorite way to stretch chicken salad is to add a cup of white rice cooked, (that makes about 2 cups after cooking) I sometimes add some halved grapes, drained crushed pineapple and sliced water chestnuts along with the regular hardboiled eggs, chopped celery and mayonaise.

I add chopped apples to tuna or chicken salad and boiled eggs. I also put chopped pimentos for color.

Chicken Caesar Salad
Chicken Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 17, 2009
Basil Chicken Salad
Basil Chicken Salad Recipes
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume