Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Lunchables

Can Lunchables be successfully frozen without sacrificing taste/texture? I would like to stock up when I find a great sale on them, as my dd loves them. Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Janice from Illinois

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Linda (Guest Post)07/12/2008

Why don't you have her save the trays and make your own "lunchable. A bit of cheese, a few crackers and some ham or turkey-so much healthier! And cheaper. Or offer these only on special occasions or once a week-they are NOT a good choice nutrition or cost wise for what you get. Add a piece of fruit to her lunch, too!

By janice [48]07/12/2008

Thank you for the responses. I will keep in mind about the crackers and have some fresh on hand for her if i freeze the lunchable.

By terimdy (Guest Post)07/12/2008

I have found when serving freezable lunches come out best using whole wheat bread or subway style buns cut in half and frozen.

By Teri Moody (Guest Post)07/12/2008

For lunchables whole wheat bread gets less moisture in it.

By (Guest Post)07/11/2008

All you could do is try one and see what results you get. Check the dates on them, maybe they will last in a covered container until you use them all.

By blueflye (Guest Post)07/11/2008

I have froze the meat, cheese and cracker ones before, the crackers got a little soggy and soft when thawed, but otherwise the meat and cheese and everything was fine.