Removing Candle Color Stain from a Wood Table?

We had candle wax go through a red tablecloth onto the oak table top. How do we get the red dye out of the table top finish?

I have a brand new white (wooden) breakfast table and I placed a 6" PURPLE pillar candle in the center of with a flower ring for decoration when we moved into our new house. When I removed the candle to clean the table a few days later, a purple candle color stain was left in the center. It is not wax, just the color. What can get this stain out?

Cynthia

I have a white washed table and had a red wax stain and I use "Mr Clean MagicEraser Extra Power. Its like a sponge but you use only with water and ring out. It works and doesn't hurt the wood. You have to keep scrubbing but it will finally come out. You will have to throw away the left over sponge because it does fall apart. This product is a wonderful product and you can use it on anything! I have it around for everything you want to clean. It is a wet erase. Even good on walls to take off spots. Does not take off your paint! We get them at the Grocery store.

I had the same problem on a pine table and found that the Magic Erasers you can purchase at the store worked for me. good luck!

try putting down a paper towel and then a hand towel. Use your iron over the hand towel. It should remelt the wax and the wax should stick to the paper towel.

Whoever it was that said erasers work for candle stains (Georgia) is wonderful! Thank you! I had some candles on top of a pine coffee table, when they leaked, it went all over my table, I got the wax off, but it left the residue. I used an eraser, and it really works! It took it right off!

Thank you!

I have a problem with a stain on wood from a colored candle. I tried an eraser which didn't work and some fine steel wool that also didn't work. I'll try the magic erasers but what kind of store carries them and what do they look like.

Editor's Note: In the U.S. Magic Erasers are available at most grocery stores, WalMart, or hardware stores. The original ones are by Mr. Clean.

I also had a red candles wax stain in maple wood. The Magic Eraser with orange Goo Gone took it completely out. Just be patient with the Magic Eraser, it take some elbow grease but it will come out. Thanks for the tip!

The magic eraser worked like a charm! Thank you! I had tried rubbing alcohol, Lysol, Dish soap and water and a pencil eraser before!

I have a brand new Oak wooden Tv Cabinet and I placed Brown candle on it. When I removed the candle to clean the table a Orange candle color stain was left in the center. It is not wax, just the color. What can get this stain out? Thanks, Gemma

I used WEIMAN LEMON OIL on my Oak Furniture to remove candle wax, it works for a lot of things on real wood furniture

I have a beautiful wooden-painted-white table from Crate & Barrel my grandmother gave me when I moved into a new apartment. My goofy roommate let her bright red candle burn for hours on top of it while i was out of town, and stained the crap out of the top. I let whitening toothpaste set on the stain overnight, which lifted some of it. had to repeat as well.

I need a way to get the color from a candle off my cherry wood table.

Can anyone tell me the full name or manufactuer of the 'magic eraser' referred to ( re removing red dye stain from wood)? I'm in Australia , not sure if it's the 'Chux' one or 'Mr Clean' product.

It's Mr. Clean. If you are subbing put something over your nose so you don't breath in the powder.

Candle wax dripping down side of container and wood stand
Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 30, 2005
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Wood Floor Stain Color
Wood Floor Stain Color Advice
A clothes iron taking wrinkles out of orange fabric.
Using an Iron for Cleaning Up Candle Wax
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄