Make a Fleece Tug-of-War Dog Toy

contest winner icon

Many of my friends and family own dogs, so when I decided last year I wanted to give all my canine 'friends' presents, I needed to find something fairly inexpensive to make. I bought a few packages of fleece remnants from the fabric store, (75% off original prices) and cut them into strips. I then braided them and knotted them and I had dog toys! I made different sized ones depending on how big the dogs were and knotted some in the middle.

The fleece is pretty indestructible and if you can find remnants of the expensive fleece it doesn't shred or pill. Completely washable, and great for friends with more than one dog, the best tug of war toy ever! I was amazed by how happy all my puppy pals were, and so was I, every dog got one, and all their humans said they loved them.

By Kathy from Seattle, WA

Great idea! I remember making a fleece teddy bear for a Labrador of mine as a puppy, who has since passed away. That teddy was also indestructible, and Ebony just loved it. It was super easy to wash in the machine to get off the dog slobber and it is still in use today with our other 4 dogs and Ebony has been gone for 5 years now. Again, great idea.

I love this idea because it is so simple and doesn't require sewing! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Photos CraftsDecember 21, 2010
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
A hat made from leftover fleece
Making Fleece Hats
Craft Using Fleece
Crafts Using Fleece Scraps
Fleece Dog Toy
Making Fleece Dog Toys