Making a Braided Fleece Dog Toy

You dog will love this easy to make braided tug-o-war toy. This is a guide about making a braided fleece dog toy.

December 21, 2010 Flag

Many of my friends and family own dogs, so when I decided last year I wanted to give all my canine 'friends' presents, I needed to find something fairly inexpensive to make. I bought a few packages of fleece remnants from the fabric store, (75% off original prices) and cut them into strips. I then braided them and knotted them and I had dog toys! I made different sized ones depending on how big the dogs were and knotted some in the middle.

The fleece is pretty indestructible and if you can find remnants of the expensive fleece it doesn't shred or pill. Completely washable, and great for friends with more than one dog, the best tug of war toy ever! I was amazed by how happy all my puppy pals were, and so was I, every dog got one, and all their humans said they loved them.

By Kathy from Seattle, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

September 10, 2008 Flag

Check out the remnant rack at your local fabric store. Find fleece, any kind, and cut it in 2 inch wide by 24 or 36 inch long strips. Place 3 together tie the ends together knotting it twice and start braiding to the end. Tie the other end. Fleece will not shred and your dog will have tons of fun. This is an excellent item for kids to make and give to local pet shelters. Have them make some for pets of family and friends.

By Doreen from Bartow, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments
Pets Dogs Dog ToysDecember 27, 2016
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Fleece Dog Toy
Making Fleece Dog Toys
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:51:31 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.