Use Citronella Soap as Mosquito Repellent

I tried the 50/50 baby oil and vinegar as a mosquito repellent and I still got bitten. I tried using citronella soap and put it all on my legs and arms and the mosquitoes did not bite me at all. Just put water on the citronella soap and spread it all over the exposed legs/arms. Do not rinse it off. I am so happy and I don't have to use the chemical spray "Off" on my body anymore. Best of luck to all who get mosquito bites.

By michellegwu from West Palm Beach, FL

What is citronella soap and in what form do you buy it and where? Is it spendy? AZ skeeters love to munch on me at night and in the triple digits. I hate to put on long clothing. Thank you much.

I'm wondering if the eucalyptus oil is the active ingredient. I have crushed citronella leaves and rubbed the pure juice on my arms. It did nothing to repel mosquitoes.

June 24, 2010 Flag

By Craftbits

• 1 cup grated soap base
  • 6 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 12 drops citronella essential oil

This Recipe is for Melt & Pour Soap Making

Add the soap and water together and Melt down in a double boiler method.

Once your soap is melted add the essential oils and stir through.

Then Pour into your soap molds.

About The Author: Visit for Free Step by Step Craft Lessons. 100's of Free Craft Projects, Free Patterns and weekly craft competitions. Participate in a worldwide craft swap or just get some free craft advice.

Mosquito on someone's hand.
Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Crafts Soap Making RecipesJune 24, 2010
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Apple cider vinegar, lemongrass, lemons for natural mosquito repellant
Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Close-up of mosquito on human skin
Sulfur Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews