Garden: Yellow-Pink Roses

This rose has the color of 2 plants, yellow and pink. I think that is because it is too close to my red rose plant. It is beautiful though.

By Willie Q

I think your rose is a "Peace" rose. It is a fairly hardy rose and much loved in the UK.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Very beautiful rose! :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I agree with Nanny Barbara. This is the famous Peace rose and it performs very well in my garden in Texas.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

The Peace rose, named so because it was the last rose plant to leave France before the Nazi occupation during WWII, has given the world many breathtaking variations. Yours is the variation 'Chicago Peace', which sported off an original Peace tea rose hybrid in a Chicago, IL, USA rose garden. Because of its lovely way of displaying the two colours (pink for love, and yellow for friendship), the sport was preserved and hybridized. The name 'Chicago Peace' comes from the town it was found in, and the parent plant.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I absolutely love rose gardens. Here, there were yellow roses with pink highlights that I believe were just incredible!

This picture was taken in the back rose gardens of Shore Acres State Park, where you can find the winning flower beds for the current, as well as many previous, years. I highly recommend walking the aromatic paths of Shore Acres if you ever are on the Oregon Coast in the summer or winter months.

The blossoms are gorgeous and, closer to Christmas time, they work hard on putting on the best display of festive lights around. Plus, their guest house is always adorable and they provide the greatest apple cider and snickerdoodle cookies. Hope you get the chance to visit!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Pink Rose with Yellow Tips

Comment Like this photo? 4