Garden: Mama's Rose

My mom gave me this rose bush several years ago. I don't know what the name of it is. I call it Mama's Rose. I started taking better care of it 3 1/2 years ago after my mom suddenly passed away. I always trimmed it back every year and I had no idea that it would climb.

My husband built this arbor to go over the stream and I let the rose bush just grow bigger and started putting the longer branches upon it and it has become so big and beautiful. If I can keep the dead roses cut off, it will bloom all summer and just smells so good. Mom loved this rose bush. She would be proud of it.

By Kathy

This is a beautiful pink rose. No matter the name, you have done yourself proud. You might take a rose and the pictures to a nursery to see if they can help you identify it. I'm sure many TF fans will want to look for this rose for their gardens. Your husband did good too. Congrats, GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

It might be New Dawn rose.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This rose is beautiful! It is so delicate, it looks almost like porcelain.

I like that you call it Mama's Rose. Thank you for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenJune 16, 2010
💘
🍀