Garden: Yellow-Pink Roses

This rose has the color of 2 plants, yellow and pink. I think that is because it is too close to my red rose plant. It is beautiful though.

By Willie Q.

I think your rose is a "Peace" rose. It is a fairly hardy rose and much loved in the UK.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Very beautiful rose! :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I agree with Nanny Barbara. This is the famous Peace rose and it performs very well in my garden in Texas.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

The Peace rose, named so because it was the last rose plant to leave France before the Nazi occupation during WWII, has given the world many breathtaking variations. Yours is the variation 'Chicago Peace', which sported off an original Peace tea rose hybrid in a Chicago, IL, USA rose garden.

Because of its lovely way of displaying the two colours (pink for love, and yellow for friendship), the sport was preserved and hybridized. The name 'Chicago Peace' comes from the town it was found in, and the parent plant.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenMay 24, 2011
🍀
💘