Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A woman putting on nail polish.

Fingernail polish is not easy to remove from this delicate fabric. This guide is about removing nail polish stains from silk.

Solutions: Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Nail Polish Remover For Silk Stains

I have an ivory silk comforter that I purchased about a week and a half ago. It came in the mail, and I've already spilled a pink substance on it. It looked as if it was nail polish. I took a cotton ball and dipped it 1/4 of the way into nail polish remover, if you dab it and rub slightly, it should come out. I then took another cotton ball and dabbed some cold water onto the missing stain, this just took the majority of the polish remover out of the silk. Hope this helps!

By The Solution Solvers [1]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk.

Question: Removing Nail Polish Stain from Silk

How do I remove nail paint from a silk saree?

By pallavi

Question: Nail polish on Silk Dress

I got nail polish on my silk dress and it dried out. I can't get it off. What do I do? It's really expensive and brand new.

By Kaitlyn

Question: Nail Polish on Silk

Red nail polish splashed on my delicate silk blouse. I took it to the dry cleaner, he said it may cause damage because it is very delicate. So I am so upset because it is expensive. It is just a little stain. Is there any solution? Thanks. Victoria

Question: Nail Polish on Silk

How can I get nail polish out of a silk formal dress?

By Judy from Leighton, AL

Most Recent Answer

02/17/2011

Here are instructions for removing nail polish from silk.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-nail-polish-stains1.htm

Question: Getting Nail Polish Off a Silk Skirt

I just got nail polish all over my new silk skirt. What should I do?

Most Recent Answer

By woory weasel (Guest Post)08/07/2008

I got pink nail polish on a white 100% cotton shirt I used 2 kinds of spot remover but it just thinned the shirt area. HELP!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Nail Polish on Silk

How do you remove nail polish on chiffon, silk and satin material?

Corinne from Malta

RE: Nail Polish on Silk

ouch, be extremely careful but try putting clear nail polish right onto of the colored polish(this will soften it) and pull it up. (05/31/2009)

By Steph Kit.