Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk

A woman putting on nail polish.

Fingernail polish is not easy to remove from this delicate fabric. This guide is about removing nail polish stains from silk.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk

A woman putting on nail polish.Fingernail polish is not easy to remove from this delicate fabric. This guide is about removing nail polish stains from silk.

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk.

Question: Nail polish on Silk Dress

I got nail polish on my silk dress and it dried out. I can't get it off. What do I do? It's really expensive and brand new.

By Kaitlyn

Question: Nail Polish on Silk

Red nail polish splashed on my delicate silk blouse. I took it to the dry cleaner, he said it may cause damage because it is very delicate. So I am so upset because it is expensive. It is just a little stain. Is there any solution? Thanks. Victoria

Question: Nail Polish on Silk

How can I get nail polish out of a silk formal dress?

By Judy from Leighton, AL

Most Recent Answer

02/17/2011

Here are instructions for removing nail polish from silk.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-nail-polish-stains1.htm

Question: Getting Nail Polish Off a Silk Skirt

I just got nail polish all over my new silk skirt. What should I do?

Most Recent Answer

By woory weasel (Guest Post)08/07/2008

I got pink nail polish on a white 100% cotton shirt I used 2 kinds of spot remover but it just thinned the shirt area. HELP!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Nail Polish on Silk

How do you remove nail polish on chiffon, silk and satin material?

Corinne from Malta

RE: Nail Polish on Silk

ouch, be extremely careful but try putting clear nail polish right onto of the colored polish(this will soften it) and pull it up. (05/31/2009)

By Steph Kit.