Frigidaire Water Dispenser Works Ice Maker Does Not

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator, frs23fcdq0. The ice maker makes no ice. The water dispenser shoots water, but no ice. Sometimes it will make a batch, but the ice cubes are half the normal size.

By fcruz

It could be that your water line is frozen. I have had this happen when either my freezer or refrigerator is too packed. It will thaw out eventually, although slowly, if you unpack it a bit (assuming that's the problem).

Or you can try transferring everything to coolers and turn the fridge off for a day to allow the water tubes to thaw out.

I have also heard you can move the fridge away from the wall and heat the tubes up with a hair dryer to try to get the water running freely.

September 24, 2012 Flag

My ice maker quit making ice. Water is dispensing in front. I replaced the dual water inlet valve. Water is dispensing in front, but still no water in ice maker tray. Manually it makes ice. Why isn't it getting water in the tray? Do I need to replace the micro switch (inlet switch)?

By Dona O.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Any luck getting the ice tray to fill? I have same problem and am planning to replace the solenoid valve that you mentioned replacing - to see if it helps send water to the ice tray; The tray arms aren't spinning either to try to spit out whatever would be in the tray ( once ice forms there if I can get water to go there.

I may have to replace the ice maker tray mechanism also - any thoughts?

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesMay 6, 2011
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice