Easy Chicken Pot Pie

This recipe is so simple and comforting. It's a filling meal all by itself, no need for anything else.

• 2 cups cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • Ad
  • 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup frozen green peas
  • 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup melted butter

Boil peeled and cubed potatoes for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Season cubed chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook thoroughly in a skillet. Set aside. Lightly steam peeled and thinly sliced carrots until semi-soft (3-4 minutes).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a greased 2-quart dish, layer the chicken, potatoes, carrots, and peas. In a separate bowl, whisk the soup and chicken broth together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the layers. In another separate bowl, mix together the biscuit mix and milk. Pour on top of the entire dish. Melt butter and drizzle over the topping. Bake 30-40 minutes. If needed, broil for a few minutes to brown the topping. Enjoy!

Servings: 4
Time:20-25 Minutes Preparation Time
30-40 Minutes Cooking Time

By creativenailchick from Bakersfield, CA

That sounds really good!

We like chicken almost any way, and my husband thinks he has died and gone straight to Heaven if I make something like this. He loves casseroles and I think his mom made one about every day.

This really does sound easy, so I have to try it.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

October 1, 2010 Flag

• 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 large bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 large can cream of chicken soup
  • Ad
  • 1 small can chicken broth
  • 1 package of seasoned stuffing mix

Boil chicken breasts until cooked. Cut into small chunks or shred (up to you). Pour frozen mixed vegetables (you don't have to thaw) over chicken. Mix cream of chicken soup and chicken broth together and stir until well mixed. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Mix stuffing mix and 1 cup hot water until moistened. Sprinkle over soup mix. My husband and I like cashews, so I chop them up and mix in the dressing. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until dressing is browned. We like ours a little more crisper, but that is a preference.

This recipe can be doubled for a larger group. The chicken stays nice and moist, and the veggies are fully cooked. I have also used leftover turkey in place of the chicken breasts.

Because we are both diabetics, I try to use no sodium or low sodium products in my recipe.

By Debbie from Shallotte, NC

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I would like to seriously try this, but could you tell me how many lbs. of chicken and what size baking dish to use, I would sure appreciate it! (06/19/2008)

By Louise

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Please let me know what size is a large can of cream of chicken soup in ounces, as well as, the size of a small can of chicken broth? Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. Evie (01/21/2009)

By Eviesav

chicken pot pie
Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesSeptember 30, 2010
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume