Quick Tomato Relish
- 2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes, chopped fine, drain well
- 1 small onion, chopped fine (1/4 cup)
- 1 rib of celery, chopped fine 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp each mustard seed, celery seed, salt and ground black pepper
In a heavy medium saucepan bring to boil all ingredients. Stirring all the while as it comes to boil. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
Store airtight in fridge.
This makes about 2 1/2 cups. Wonderful with meat
Source: This recipe came from a MT Vernon, WA newspaper about 35 years ago. We liked it so well that I've canned some every year.
By Ellen from Taft, CA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 20, 2017 at 2:43:32 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us