Craft: Grow Jar For Sprouts

Fashion an inexpensive grow jar from a clean plastic drink bottle, netting (or plastic canvas) and a rubber band.

Take a strip of plastic canvas about an inch wide and place it around the top of the bottle, after the bottle neck is removed. Cut the bottle down a little past the curve of the bottle to where it is more straight. Get the measurement of how much you need and cut it off with scissors.

Connect the two ends so you have a hoop. I used sewing thread but ribbon also could be used or other. Stretch the netting or gauze across the top of the bottle where you removed the bottle top. I also removed the label from the side of the bottle. Place the hoop of plastic over that to hold the net in place as it is stitched to the hoop.

I have made mine in a very short time today and already have something to sprout in it. There are the commercial jar lids available but I wanted to use what I have already!

Source: I came up with this pretty much on my own. Other inspiration: YouTubers!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

here is another DIY grow jar growing store bought lentils from the bean aisle

they look beautiful but have been growing like this for about a week

keep in mind they are not known as "sprouting seeds" so that may account for the slow rate of growth

Homegrown sprouts on a kitchen table.
Growing Sprouts
Photos GardenJanuary 12, 2010
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Brussels Sprouts in Dish
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Brussels Sprouts
Growing Brussels Sprouts
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids
🎉
🎄