Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
young woman holding a Swiffer style mop

You can make these pads; even wash and reuse them to save you money on buying the disposable ones. This is a guide about making replacement pads for a Swiffer.

Solutions: Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Craft: Swiffer "Cozy" Pad Replacement

I recently made a Swiffer Cozy for my Swiffer to replace the dry Swiffer cloths I buy. I think it qualifies as the ugliest Swiffer Cozy ever, but it used up leftover yarn I had and, it is very functional.

I just measured the size of the bottom of the swiffer, and crocheted enough to cover that space, then added the top sides to go over the edges; making one side smaller than the other, so as to be able to slip it on easily. While it is ugly, it works great!

Best of all, when I am done, I shake off the dirt, toss it into the wash, and I do not have to keep buying the swiffer cloths and tossing them into the trash.

I hope to also make a mopping pad for my Clorox ReadyMop; using either cotton yarn or by sewing one with different materials.

By hoptownracer1 from USA

Tip: Use Old T-Shirts as Swiffer Pads

I use old T-shirts and sweatshirts to make replacement pads for my Swiffer Sweeper. I just cut rectangles large enough to fit around the Sweeper. Make sure you have enough left to poke into the holes that hold it in place. I use the rest of the shirts, sleeves and all, as dust rags. They can be washed or discarded.

By Luci M. [4]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer.

Question: Knit or Crochet Swiffer Pad

I would like to know how to knit or crochet a reusable swiffer pad.

By TT from Douglas, WY

Most Recent Answer

By Harlean from Arkansas [125]12/07/2011

I have tried everything from old socks to used dryer sheets, but for the past year I have been using a Microfiber cloth. I buy mine at Sam's club, and cut them in half. One half is just right for the Swiffer and to tuck it in the slots. They don't fray, so you don't have to set the cut edges. Each cloth makes 2 swiffer pads.

When I finish sweeping with them, I use one of those scratcher pads that is like a covered sponge, and brush the lint, dog hair, etc off the pad. When they get a little grimy looking, I just throw them in the washing machine with the throw rugs.
    Harlean from Arkansas

Question: Make Your Own Swiffer Pads

I think Swiffer cloths are too expensive. I live in an old house and have hardwood floors throughout in addition to two dogs. I am leery of some suggestions for cleaning fluid, washcloths, and the dogs on the wood floors. Occasionally I stumble on dry floor cloths at a dollar store, but not often. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

By UDN from Chicago, IL

Most Recent Answer

By ItalianPear [1]01/27/2011

Reusable "Swiffer" pads are very simple, purchase large microfiber cloths and use them on a Swiffer or Swiffer type mop. I have used these to clean my hardwood floors, and I have two cats that shed all the time. If I want to mop the floor, I simply spray my favorite wood floor cleaner (I use Bona) and then wipe over with the cloth.
    The only issue is that you have some very grimy laundry to do to reuse the cloths.