Browsing: Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer

You can make these pads; even wash and reuse them to save you money on buying the disposable ones. This is a guide about making replacement pads for a Swiffer.

young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 10, 2014 Flag

I use old T-shirts and sweatshirts to make replacement pads for my Swiffer Sweeper. I just cut rectangles large enough to fit around the Sweeper. Make sure you have enough left to poke into the holes that hold it in place. I use the rest of the shirts, sleeves and all, as dust rags. They can be washed or discarded.

August 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about homemade Swiffer wet mop replacement cloths. The replacement cloths for your Swiffer wet mop can be costly to constantly replace. One solution may be to make your own.

Woman's legs and Swiffer WetJet style electronic mop on wooden floor

February 8, 2010 Flag

I recently made a Swiffer Cozy for my Swiffer to replace the dry Swiffer cloths I buy. I think it qualifies as the ugliest Swiffer Cozy ever, but it used up leftover yarn I had and, it is very functional.

I just measured the size of the bottom of the swiffer, and crocheted enough to cover that space, then added the top sides to go over the edges; making one side smaller than the other, so as to be able to slip it on easily. While it is ugly, it works great!

Best of all, when I am done, I shake off the dirt, toss it into the wash, and I do not have to keep buying the swiffer cloths and tossing them into the trash.

I hope to also make a mopping pad for my Clorox ReadyMop; using either cotton yarn or by sewing one with different materials.

By hoptownracer1 from USA

January 31, 2008 Flag

Using a wet Swiffer mop can get expensive with the wet replacement towels that cost about $4.00 for a dozen. It adds up really fast! To combat that, I decided to try using some old thin bath towels cut to size.

February 1, 2010 Flag

I bought a basic 'swiffer', not the battery operated kind. Instead of buying the wet sheets, I use thin wash cloths. I wet them with detergent water, and squeeze it out and they fit on perfectly into the little holes.

June 22, 2016 Flag

Does anyone have an idea on how to make Swiffer type refills? They are so expensive to buy and don't last long at my house with all the dog fur.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 24, 2008 Flag

I love Swiffer type cloths. I found when I ran out one time that you can use cut up rags (esp. flannel) the same size as one of the duster sheets and attach to the mop the same way. Voila!

December 1, 2010 Flag

I think Swiffer cloths are too expensive. I live in an old house and have hardwood floors throughout in addition to two dogs. I am leery of some suggestions for cleaning fluid, washcloths, and the dogs on the wood floors. Occasionally I stumble on dry floor cloths at a dollar store, but not often. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

By UDN from Chicago, IL

Reusable "Swiffer" pads are very simple, purchase large microfiber cloths and use them on a Swiffer or Swiffer type mop. I have used these to clean my hardwood floors, and I have two cats that shed all the time. If I want to mop the floor, I simply spray my favorite wood floor cleaner (I use Bona) and then wipe over with the cloth.

The only issue is that you have some very grimy laundry to do to reuse the cloths.

December 1, 2010 Flag

Save money on buying Swiffer dry mop replacement cloths by using Huggies baby wipes! Use the wipes to clean something light, like a dusty surface, then wash with your clothes. Once the oils have been removed, they are ready for your dry mop. You can get about eight uses out of the baby wipes (which you've already used!) than you would spending the same amount of money on their replacement cloths, and the fit is the same.

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Answers:

Make Your Own Swiffer Pads

Great idea. I don't have Huggies, but I have the Kirkland brand ones (from Costco) which are large, thick and a bit stretchy. I'll give it a try. I'm tempted to use them moist to clean up areas of dog slobber in the kitchen. (10/15/2010)

By OliveOyl

October 7, 2010 Flag

I need to know how to make Swiffer Wet Jet cleaning pads. I love my Swiffer Wet Jet, but would like to find a way to make my own cleaning pads.

Better Living Green Living AdviceJuly 7, 2014
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Swiffer WetJet
Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops, Linoleum Floor Being Mopped
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 19, 2016 at 8:10:11 AM on 10.0.1.117 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.