Decoupaging a Mug

I want to put decoupage onto a plain drinking mug and would like some help and advice. I need to know the mug will be both heatproof and waterproof. I am sure that somewhere on the ThriftyFun site or someone that reads it may be able to help.

Many thanks,
Lilian

Best Answer

Decopauge is only paper and glue. I don't think you would have any trouble heating and washing it. Check the bottom of the mug, it should tell you if you can microwave it. Some mugs get too hot to handle, but they cool off quickly.

Good luck!

Best Answer

You can spray with Acrylic Mod Podge Sealer found at Hobby Lobby for 9.99 use your 40% to make the price come down. Spray it let it set for 30 min then re do the same way 5 more times to make sure its waterproof.

Use some Mod Podge. That stuff is awesome!! I used it to decopauge a lampshade with pieces of fabric of different prints and shapes. It worked like a magic!! I glued the pieces on and then spread it over the whole thing!

Plain white mug for coffee or tea.
Decorating a Mug
Crafts DecoupageOctober 6, 2008
Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
🎉
🎄