Sealing a Painted Mug with Homemade Decoupage?

Can I use this as a paint sealer for a mug? I would like to paint a mug, but I don't know if the paint will come off when I wash it. Also, can I make it thicker by adding more glue?

What are you trying to use as a sealing method and why do you want to add glue to it--what do you mean by thicker? I am sorry. I am confused.

OK first off to paint a mug and use this is dangerous. Even when you make ceramics and want to make some mugs there are special glazes that must be used if you want to drink out of this mug.

Now if you are making some gift mugs that you want to give out for the holidays and make sure you tell the people they can't drink out of this the best way to seal your paint is with a spray varnish.

I would not use homemade decoupage without a varnish sealer if I was doing this project. I have made homemade decoupage to cover different jars and vases but in the end, to seal this you need a varnish sealer.

There are certain ways to do this and you have to follow instructions carefully and your mugs will be very safe to use.
All of this can be complicated so be sure to watch each video several times before starting your project.

thecraftedlife.com/.../
www.wikihow.com/Paint-Mugs
www.ceramices.com/.../
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSVpv5tir0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj368cCt8AY

Crafts DecoupageDecember 3, 2020
🎉
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sealing-a-Painted-Mug-with-Homemade-Decoupage.html