Browsing: Keeping Your Shower Clean

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Keeping Your Shower Clean

No one enjoys cleaning their shower. You can make this task less overwhelming by following a few tips for keeping your shower clean. This will help make that periodic cleaning easier. This is a guide about keeping your shower clean.

pictures of shower walls
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 4, 2012 Flag

For me, cleaning the shower is an overwhelming task. One day while watching a commercial for one of those shower sprays, the words "cleans a shower in 10 days or keeps a clean shower clean" stood out.

June 7, 2010 Flag

Keep a white eraser sponge in your shower. After you shower, take 20 seconds to wipe down the walls and floor. You will never get those tough hard water stains that only powerful chemical cleaners remove - or at least far fewer to deal with. Also, the porcelain stays so white and pretty. This takes little effort to do!

By susannl from St. Cloud, FL

January 25, 2015 Flag

After I clean my shower walls and get them all clean, I take my run of the mill furniture polish and I shine my shower walls all nice and pretty. I like to get the pretty lemon smelling stuff to make it smell cleaner in there. I then shine the walls with the furniture wax. You can use Turtle wax as well, but it is more work. Make sure you do not get any on the tub or you will fall and get hurt. This will keep your shower clean with no soap scum residue at all. Eventually it will wear off and will have to be redone. But there will be much more time between cleanings.

March 26, 2013 Flag

I found this product online. It is called Water Armour and makes the water just run off your shower doors and tiles too. Soap scum doesn't stick either so clean up is fast and easy and it seems to last forever!

May 24, 2013 Flag

This is a motivational tip, as we all already know how to clean our shower stall.

June 20, 2013 Flag

I use X14 for mildew and mold. It dissolves all the mildew in seconds and all you do is rinse off. It can also be used in paint the next time you paint your bathroom and will help keep the mold and mildew from forming.

January 18, 2005 Flag

I hate to clean the shower, I get all wet! So I go IN "prepared to take a shower", and bring my cleaning tools with me. Then I turn on the water clean the shower, then shower myself!.

May 10, 2004 Flag

I keep a spray bottle filled with vinegar and water. I use it after I take a shower by spraying the shower down. I also use it to clean up throughout the house. Sometimes on walls or baseboards, on counters, sinks, and bathroom sinks as well.

October 11, 2010 Flag

We moved into an older home nearly two years ago. The shower floor was probably never cleaned. It doesn't seem like porcelain. It's not black, but I can tell the difference between a nice floor and a crappy looking one. I've tried everything from bleach to everything that money will buy to restore whiteness to this shower floor. Help!

By Diane from Boise, ID

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I keep CLR in a spray bottle. My husband is a machinist and he comes home with an oily substance all over him. I just hose the tub and shower down with the CLR and use a back brush to scrub it. I bought the back brush for cleaning because it has a long handle and I can scrub without having to bend too much. The bristles are softer and won't damage surfaces. A back brush is also good to dust wicker furniture. It will clean between the strips without damaging the paint.

Since you have tried everything, try spraying a small patch with Eazy off oven cleaner. You would be surprised at what you can get clean with it.

Read More Answers...

June 19, 2006 Flag

I keep a Magic Eraser in my shower and go over the the tub and shower every time I take a shower...

March 12, 2012 Flag

Wanna know how to keep a shower clean? Do not use soap! Use body wash instead. Soap leaves soap scum, but body wash does not. You will not have to wash your shower as often. Try it!

August 1, 2007 Flag

To keep your shower sparkling clean, keep a spray bottle of vinegar on the tub rim. 15 minutes before you take a shower, spray down the tub, showerhead, and shower curtain liner, then before you shower, use a scrubbie and any brand cheap powdered detergent to scrub down surfaces (soap and detergent destroy each other). Keep an old toothbrush handy for small spaces, and you are done! We have horrible hard water, rusty and black mildew here, and it conquers all.

By Lou from Pasadena, TX

October 11, 2010 Flag

What is the best way to clean a shower?

By John W.

Answers:

Shower Cleaning Tips

If you're talking about a way to keep the shower clean from day to day then use this recipe:

Daily Shower Spray

• 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol
  • 1 cup water

Mix in a spray bottle and shake. Spray on, no rinsing required.
(10/24/2009)

By Deeli

Shower Cleaning Tips

The best cleaner I have found for the shower is "Scrubbing Bubbles". My showers shine! (10/25/2009)

By sabrinadog

Shower Cleaning Tips

I used a company to clean the shower from Buckinghamshire. They cleaned my shower and put a coating on the glass. That was a year ago and is still working great you don't even need to clean the shower after you use it now. (11/29/2009)

By andyglass

Shower Cleaning Tips

The product's name is "Edfred". It is hard to find (it may still be available at Orchard Supply Hardware). It gets everything off without scrubbing. I was warned that it would take the shine off chrome, but it worked great on porcelain and glass, even on a film that had been on there for years. (09/28/2010)

By k8e

June 7, 2010 Flag

Keep a Mr. Clean Cleaning eraser in the shower. Save time buy scrubbing the walls and tub while you in the shower. No toxic fumes to smell, no soapy mess. After you dry off (and while the room is still steamy), use your towel to wipe down the sink, vanity, and toilet. Everything will be damp and will wipe off easily. Toss the towel in the hamper, bathroom is clean and so are you!

By Kim McG

Answers:

Clean the Shower While You Clean Yourself

FOR REAL! My husband has been serving overseas for 6 months and gets to come home for a month before going back for another five. So I've been slacking on the bathroom cleaning. I had been scrubbing the tub for 4 DAYS! and couldn't get it clean. Saw this tip last night and got a magic eraser and SHUT UP it's awesome. It all came right off. If I weren't so cheap, I'd invest in the company ;) (08/28/2004)

By Suzanne S.

You can clean all the soap scum off showers floor and door, what ever with shower gels it breaks down the soap scum. Wipe and rinse off. Sparkling shower really. (09/06/2007)

By sevencat.

I love Magic Eraser! I have told many friends about it, and they all love it. Works great dry or wet or damp. I won't clean without it. Karenhope (03/21/2009)

By Karenhope

FOR REAL--Suzanne you brought back memories there. Best of luck. Marg. England (03/22/2009)

By jehosophat jones

October 21, 2009 Flag

Shower Cleaning Tips. Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning a shower that has a film that won't seem to come off? I have tried Downy and scrubbed it, but neither of these methods worked.

October 24, 2006 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 14, 2012
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 11:15:53 AM on 10.0.2.191 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.