How Do I Cook Rhubarb as a Vegetable?

How do you cook rhubarb as a vegetable?

By Stella from Manchester, WA

Best Answer

Hi Stella You can simply saute in butter until tender. I found this site that has assorted meal recipes using rhubarbs. Look to the left of the page and you'll see a button that says 'Rhubarb Dinner Recipes' and has buttons just below that for recipe choices of beef, chicken, pork, lamb and fish. :-)

Something to share with others here who might not know, and that I didn't know until recently, is that the leaves and roots of rhubard are poisonous :-o

Thanks Deeli! My rhubarb is out of control this year, and I am trying to figure out something to do with it other than pie. :)

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesApril 30, 2011
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Cooking Rhubarb
rhubarb pie with a slice gone and stalks next to pie pan
Rhubarb Pie Recipes
round flat rhubarb bread/cake with slice in foreground
Rhubarb Bread Recipes