Dryer Sheets as Swiffer Replacements

contest winner icon

Don't throw away those used dryer sheets, there is yet another use for them. I finally bought a Swiffer for my floors, because my knees won't allow me to clean on all fours, but I'm not spending money on refill cloths, wet or dry.

I use 2 used dryer sheets, tucked in just like Swiffer sheets. It picks up all of our lost hairs, the dog hairs, dust, and whatever comes in on our shoes.

And if I'd like to wet mop, an old t-shirt or towel cut to size and moistened in hot soapy water does the trick. Then you can rinse the floor with another piece of scrap cloth moistened in cold clear water. These cloths can then be washed and reused too.

I've also used clean used dryer sheets on the Swiffer to "dust" along where the walls and ceiling meet. Why buy a special tool?

Another good time saver, is to tuck in several layers of the dryer sheets at one time, alternating one end after the other. Then while cleaning, just peel off one when the head is full and continue cleaning until you need to peel off another one full of "stuff".

My floors are clean and shiny, my cob webs are gone, and my knees thank me.

By Kathy from WI

I found this to be even easier: Use microfiber cloths. I finally remembered to buy these after Thrifty members wrote about these. They can be used again and again, used for dusting, sweeping, or washing, and they fit my Swiffer perfectly.

Just read this and immediately tried it. Works amazingly well!!

Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops, Linoleum Floor Being Mopped
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsOctober 26, 2009
Floor being mopped with a Swiffer WetJet type modern mop
Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes
young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels