Cleaning a Pop-up Camper - Categories:

MiscellaneousCleaning

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

We have a pop up camper and it has green stuff on the outside of it. What kind of cleaner can we use to get if off?

By Ida from Campton, KY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Try Lysol Basin Tub & Tile cleaner. (try on a small spot first) I used it to clean our camper, inside & out. It's very good at removing stains, mold and believe it or not a chain smokers residue!

Spray it on, leave a few minutes, wipe off. Be sure to use gloves. Rinse off when finished. Good luck.

My new to me pop up got green stuff on it when I thought I was doing the right thing by keeping it under a tarp. I used car washing liquid, a soft auto cleaning brush, and water. It sparkled! I have since found out that the pop up needs to "breath" and should never be under a tarp (unless it does not actually touch the camper). Check out a forum such as the Popup Portal. There is a wealth of information specifically for pop up owners and you don't need to join to get all kinds of ideas.

September 7, 2010 Flag

We just opened a pop up camper which was closed for two seasons. It was damaged by mice and who knows what else. It looks like the canvas has pee on it and it smells terrible (sweet sickening smell).

Can the canvas and cushions be safely cleaned so my kids can use the camper again? Please advise what products we should use that would not be toxic and get rid of the odor and mess.

By Judy

Answers:

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

Go to www.popupexplorer.com, register, and ask this question. (05/25/2010)

By Katie A.

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

Sounds like the camper we just acquired. It actually came with NO canvas. I would replace the canvas. We tore out all the cupboards and flooring and the ceiling (it was wet). We patched all the holes in the floor that were visible. My husband built all new cupboards and put flooring in. We used materials we had laying around the house from previous projects. The cupboards look great. The camper also didn't have cushions for the bench/beds. We took our blow up mattress and a single mattress that we had in an extra bedroom and used that to sleep on and we all slept great!

At the end of summer, I put dryer sheets in the camper. It smells great and I was told keeps the mice away. In past campers, it sure has worked great! (05/26/2010)

By NatO4Avon

RE: Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

That sickening sweet smell is from the mice. I went through the same thing in a camper we once owned. The first thing I did was disassemble the camper as much as you can. Vacuum every place that you can reach with a shop vac. Every surface that is safe, clean with bleach and hot water. Other places such as mattresses, cushions, carpets, and such need to be cleaned with an enzyme cleaner that you can purchase at a janitor supply store and let set in the sun for several days. Once you put everything back together use Febreze daily while allowing the camper to be open to fresh air. (05/26/2010)

By lostinthe

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

Just be very careful while cleaning. Wear a mask and don't let kids around. Mouse droppings and nesting can carry very serious, possibly deadly respiratory illnesses - google hantavirus. Not to scare you away, it can be cleaned and used, just do it safely! (05/28/2010)

By lyonpridej

May 25, 2010 Flag

What products can be used on a pop up trailer canvas?

By Redsoxsharvey from Bristol, CT

Answers:

Cleaning a Pop-up Camper

I have a pop-up camper that we bought and the canvas was dirty and a little moldy. I took the canvas down and laid it out flat and scrubbed it with Resolve cleaner. It worked really well and got most of the stains out. After cleaning you can put the canvases back on and then spray with a waterproofer bought at Walmart or any hardware store to prevent further staining. If you live in an area that gets a lot of moisture or snow like I do then be sure to put a bucket of Damp Rid in it when you close it up or you will get more mildew stains. (08/20/2009)

By jmclam

August 17, 2009 Flag

My husband and I just bought a used pop-up camper. It's in OK shape, but needs to be cleaned badly.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 7, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
A truck towing a vintage popup camper.
Repairing a Popup Camper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 2, 2016 at 11:04:23 PM on 10.0.0.70 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.