Store Ice Cream In Plastic Coffee Cans

The 34 oz. plastic coffee cans that come with the nice plastic lids are great to store the 1.75 qt. round ice cream containers in your freezer and prevent freezer burn or crystallization of the ice cream.

By Lynn from Chico, CA

I re-use coffee containers for freezing as well! I bake healthy banana bread so when bananas are on sale I buy a ton and freeze as needed.

I also re-use them for additional grain type for oat bran, quinoa, etc.

They're in my garage for garden type storage too. Most garden consumables are hydrophilic so they absorb lots of moisture from the air and get icky. In the coffee containers they stay dry and easy to pour.

Not only do I save by buying more when the sales occur, I have to make fewer trips to the store. I usually ride my bike there (so no waste of gas) but it's so much more fun to ride my bike on a trail! :)

I don't buy coffee in 34 oz cans since my husband passed away however I have an old tupperware container (1/2 gal size) I use and I read someplace to put plastic wrap over the ice cream and down over the edge of it to keep frost from forming - it really does work - Shirley

Wow - my ice cream never stays in the freezer long enough to have that problem!

Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans, A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Food and Recipes FreezingAugust 21, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield