Fixing a Sagging Couch

I would appreciate professional advice about my old sofa set that sags badly. I tried replacing the seat cushions, but that did not improve the situation. At first I thought that the springs are coil springs, but it turned out that they are actually what they call, conical springs. They look beautifully in tact, nothing looks loose or out of place.

The frame is of a very good hard wood and looks perfect. I have not found any upholsterer here who knows how to adjust the tension, if that would be possible at all. I would appreciate your advice very much.
Thank you.

By laleh from Abu Dhabi, UAE

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try putting a piece of fairly thick plywood (3/4 inch) under the cushions. Use a solid piece that covers the full length of the sofa.

Yup - my parents put a board under their slightly sagging sofa cushions & voila! It was fine.

Sagging Couch
Fixing a Sagging Couch
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureSeptember 29, 2009
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
level and tape measure
Repairing a Sagging Floor
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
A woman caring for her skin.
Remedies for Sagging Skin
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:49:46 AM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.