Easy Throw Pillow Makeover
Over the years, I've found that replacing throw pillows every time I changed decor colors was becoming ridiculously expensive. So, I came up with an easy and cheap way to transform old pillows into something new and fresh! These instructions are for a square (15 x 15 inch) pillow.
- Purchase or use two (2) gently used large cloth napkins, with or without print. (Pictured napkins measure 18x18 inches.)
- Before sewing, I embroidered a design on one of the napkins. You can embroider, do an iron-on or simply used a patterned napkin.
- Place right sides together and sew around three (3) sides, leaving top side open. This is where you'll insert pillow.
- On the open end of case, hot glue 4-5 round Velcro tabs to close after pillow is inserted. (A zipper can always be added as well.)
- Bows or ribbons can be hot-glued as desired.
- Insert your pillow, fasten the top closed, and you have a "new" pillow to brighten up a bed or sofa!
By April from Albany, GA
July 9, 20120 found this helpful
This is a great idea for inexpensive and attractive throw pillows. I find all kinds of great napkins for just pennies at my favorite thrift shops on senior day. I have made many things out of them including purses and pillows. It's not that hard to find ones that have never been used! Your idea is a great one. I am a surface design artist and contemporary art quilter and I use anything I can find in my art. I love to recycle fabric I find at the thrift shops into works of art that I actually sell!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 10:19:34 AM on 10.0.2.177 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us