Browsing: Removing Stains on Countertops

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Stains on Countertops

Spills and general use can leave stains on your countertops. This is a guide about removing stains on countertops.

Cleaning Stain From Countertop
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 29, 2016 Flag

I have a hard top -counter but porous top in the kitchen. A few years have gone by and there are stains on it, near the sink and I have attempted to remove them and so far nothing has changed. It is white in color so everything shows on it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to remove them. I have used everything I can think of. Thanks so much!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is very difficult to recommend any type of stain removal if you do not provide the type of counter-wood, marble, granite etc.

August 29, 2010 Flag

How do I get coffee stains off of my white kitchen counter tops? It's worse than Kool-aid.

By Trudy from PA

A little bleach water should do it. Rinse with vinegar because it neutralizes bleach.

I also use baking soda to clean the white countertops, works good also when you have stains from food coloring or kool-aid, works everytime

Read More Answers...

October 6, 2013 Flag

Dampen the counter top and sprinkle some good ol' baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) on the stain, just enough to cover it. With a little elbow grease, the stain will vanish.

Source: Baking soda is great for so many things - from being a natural tooth paste, to natural deodorant, and stainless steel sink shiner!

March 12, 2014 Flag

I used a kitchen mat to dry wet utensils, but the kitchen mat has left a dark print on the white counter top. How do I remove the dark stain? Please help.

By PB

The marks are from the dyes in the towel. You may want to try scrubbing the area with a moist sponge and baking soda. Then, if there are any marks left, bleach area and let set. Depending on the dye, it should come up.

September 21, 2010 Flag

I have a stain on my kitchen counter top that I am unable to remove. I think it is coffee or rust. I am sure the counter top is either Formica or a laminate.

By Marlene from Phoenix, AZ

If you think it is rust, see if you can find a product called "Whink" It never fails to get rid of rust, if it is something else, I don't know if it will get rid of it. I know that the Ace Hardware stores used to carry it but don't know if they do now or not.

Oops or GooGone should work. If they don't, the stain may be permanent.

Read More Answers...

March 3, 2010 Flag

What can I use to remove stains on kitchen counter laminate? I've tried Oxy Clean paste, Clorox, Windex, Grease Lightening, baking soda paste, etc.

By Deborah from Vero Beach, FL

Hi Deborah, I had the same problem and I purchased Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It erases every stain I have used it on including counter-tops, walls,floors, soap scum in the shower, faucets, even leather athletic shoes, and very much more. I love this product. Make sure that you buy the eraser either with the scrubber or just the sponge, I buy both. hope this helps. Cathy West Palm Beach, FL

It's not mentioned what kind of stains but I've removed even Sharpie Permanent Marker marks and even super glue with ease from my laminate counters using 'acetone' nail polish remover that I already had on hand.

Read More Answers...

November 7, 2013 Flag

I have pink Joss stick stains on white laminate. The sticks were laying on the counter behind sink at GD's residence and got wet, leaving behind bright pink staining. What is the best advice for removal of the stain, please?

By Carole M.

Hello! Have you tried a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser? I would normally suggest a cheaper more eco friendly method, but if its a really really tough stain, I have my emergency pack of magic erasers just incase. They've gotten rid of grass stains, paint, permanent marker and a bunch of other things I thought were impossible to clean. I found the erasers work best when you leave them dry and spray the area you want to "erase" with a mist of water 2 - 3 times from a spray bottle, so the eraser itself only becomes lightly damp. If those things get completely soaked, they don't seem to work as well, in my experience/opinion! Good luck!

October 2, 2011 Flag

How do I remove stains on Correll countertops and sinks? I have tried 1/4 cup bleach and filled up the sink with water. I have used Comet and Lime Away. I can a lot and the stain is from that.

By REB

Do you mean Corian counter top made by Dupont? If so you can try people that sell Corian counter tops in your area for help or try Google.com. Corian can be sanded to remove stains but check with the counter people first.

I am not familiar with that type of counter top, but I use a paste of baking soda and water to clean many surfaces, so you could try it. Just pour on a little baking soda and add a little water to it and scrub with a sponge or dishcloth. This has kept my counters stain free for over 10 years and is the only thing I have ever used in my oven which is also over 10 years old and looks almost new inside. I shine my stainless steel sinks with the same remedy. Also the porcelain sinks in the bathrooms.

Harlean from Arkansas

June 7, 2013 Flag

I have coffee stains on my white kitchen countertop that will not go away. I have tried so many things on it, but am afraid to try anything industrial as I live in an apt.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

By Kat from PA

Have you tried rubbing the stains with baking soda and a little water?

June 4, 2005 Flag

A paste made with baking soda and water will take Kool-Aid stains out of counters.

By Tara

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJune 7, 2012
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 10:07:20 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.