Fish Oil Stain On Suede Desert Boots

Any tips to remove fish oil stain from suede desert boots?

Margaret from Ayr, Scotland

i heard that to get grease stains out you should cover with paper and iron - the heat should melt the oil and draw it into the paper, not sure what paper to use but normal paper should do

as with all 'repairs' do a small patch first

Editor's Note: I'd worry about the heat on suede. I recommend rubbing corn meal into the grease stain. Corn starch will also work. It will absorb the oil. Just brush it out after it has some time to soak it up. Repeat as necessary.

I wouldn't apply heat to suede, it could cause discoloring and might mat the suede. I, too, would try cornmeal or starch or anything that would absorb the oil, let sit overnight and then brush gently with an old toothbrush. It may take a couple of times but it should work. After the oil is removed I'd spray the boots with a protectant. Coleman makes a great one meant for camping but it rocks on shoes and boots too ..

A little butter dripped on my suede boot. Do you know a way how to get if off.

Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherJanuary 15, 2006
Suede work boot on white background
Cleaning Gas Odors on Suede Boots
Black women's heeled suede booties
Cleaning Suede Boots With Hydrogen Peroxide
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway