Garden: Pansies

These pansies re-seed year after year in an old wooden planter just over the rail of my patio in the apartment building courtyard.

By Deeli

Deeli,they're so pretty.I love pansies. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

They're lovely! But I've always wondered about plants that come back in the same container. Do you just pile on the fertilizer before they sprout, or wait until they come up. It seems that if you dig it in, you would bury a lot of the seeds and seedlings. Can you help me?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi Coreenhart,

These particular pansies come up year after year and I think it's because they are allowed to 'go to seed' and are fairly protected by the old wooden planter they're in from the wind blowing the seeds away. They are actually virtually ignored by maintenance other than an occasional watering during the Spring and Summer.

What you could do is allow your pansies to go to seed, collect the seeds from the seed pods and keep them in a cool dry place in an envelope until the next Spring and place them where you want them to grow after all possible frost is done, barely cover them with soil and keep watered. Hope this is helpful. :-)

Deeli :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 11, 2010 Flag

Garden: Pansies
I just love pansies.

I just love pansies.

By imama2many

Answers:

Garden: Pansies

I just bought some pansies at Walmart. Got them on sale. Beautiful lavender. $8.00 a big pot for $3.50.
(05/27/2008)

By .stretchy

Garden: Pansies

"How about Violas?" WALMART! (05/27/2008)

By billgee

Garden: Pansies

I love Pansies also! love and hugs,
(05/28/2008)

By Marcia

Garden: Pansies

I absolutely agree with you. They are the perkiest, colourful, hardiest flowers. I have had them in my garden blooming since April and here in Canada our spring weather has been up and down like a yo-yo.
Pansies and Violas are just great. (05/28/2008)

By Pennypacer

Garden: Pansies

Me too, love' em. Really I am going to WalMart tomorrow. Pansy photo is gorgeous. (05/28/2008)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Pansies
Growing Pansies
Photos GardenMay 11, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Growing Violas
Growing Violas
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 2:05:35 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.