Browsing: Caring for a Puppy With Parvo

Parvo Help Needed

My puppy has parvo, it's the 3 day of having it. I took her to the vet today where they gave her injections, stuff for throwing up, the runs and antibiotics. She's still throwing up and I am still giving her gatorade every 30 minutes. Does it help that I am giving her gatorade even though 20 minutes later she is throwing it back up?

MarQue from West Valley City, Utah

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I wanted to ask if your puppy survived parvo and if you ever managed to held its previous owner responsible?

I have exactly the same story with an 8.5 week pomeranian, except we had puppy for only 24 hours--we picked him up in the afternoon at airport and took home where he was all active and happy. Next day we woke up and he looked like absolutely different dog--he was all weak, thouwing up, having diarrhea. We took him to the emergency care in the evening and he was diagnosed with parvo. He is still at the emergency care and we have no idea whether he will be able to survive. it might sound weird, but during those 24 hours that he was at our home, my husband and I felt in love with him and would be broken hearted and devastated if he does not recover the deseas.

The doctor told me that the only way he could've got this is with his previous owner. I contacted that lady immediately--she admitted that most likely it happened when she took him to the vet, but said she is not going to help us treat him and she does not have any insurance for the puppy. All she said is that if he dies, she will provide another puppy. But, come on, its not a pair of shoes that you can replace once the heel breaks!

At this point, we are extremely worried about the puppy and we pray and hope he will recover. But we also want to find a way to hold a breeder/previous owner responsible for this, because it happened under her supervision and is 100% her fault, which costs us a lot emotionally and financially.

My puppy is now fighting it also on her 3rd day. I'm doing a small dripper (syringe) of Pedialyte every 15 min. Her second day was better. Today she's not that good. But she has been able to keep the Pedialyte down. Try that and all natural chicken broth.

This is to Tanyazh: Hope your puppy has survived.

When you buy a puppy from someone you assume risk. Risk that this puppy could die from a disease or accident. As horrible as it is, when you got the puppy it seemed healthy. The owner/breeder probably thought it was to. Unless you can prove she knew this puppy was sick with parvo when she sold it to you then there isn't anything you can or should do. It was the risk you took by buying it from her. Same as if you'd adopt from a shelter. They often have kennel cough or end up with parvo etc. You have to accept and expect that these things can and will happen...even though it really stinks!

There is a great vet and reasonable in phoenix. My puppy got diagnosed with parvo today and I took him to Santis pet clinic in Phoenix AZ. The vet is very reasonable and caring. The office visit and test for parvo got deducted from the parvo iv and overnight stays with antibiotics. That saved me 75.00. He is about 1/4 -1/2 the price of other vets depending which vet you go to. Please keep my puppy in your positive thoughts. Thank you and good luck to anyone that has a puppy with parvo.

Puppy With Parvo
Caring for a Puppy With Parvo
Pets HealthOctober 25, 2006
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Sick Puppy
ParvoBusters Remedies for Parvo
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 2:24:58 PM on 10.0.1.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.