Cookie (Terrier/Poodle Mix)

My doggie is called Cookie. We think he is about 4.5 years old. The vet thinks he is a terrier/poodle mix. He is all shades of grey and sliver with some light brown when his fur is long.

I live alone and had recently been burgled. All my friends told me I should get a dog but I had never had one before (I've always been a cat person but developed allergies as I got older). After the burglary, I decided that I would give it a try so I posted an advert in the local paper asking for a companion dog that was not a puppy, house trained and quiet. All my friends told me I was nuts and that I would never find such a perfect dog but I did! The first woman who contacted me had found a 6-month old puppy that had been abandoned by the side of the road and took it home. She cared for it for a year but as it got older, it became jealous of her other four dogs and she knew that she would have to find a good home for it. She saw my advert and that was how I got my Cookie and made a wonderful new friend.

For fun, Cookie likes to go to the park. Every morning when we leave our building, his girlfriend, Gina, is waiting outside and away we all go. It is so comical to see them together as Gina is an old, Doberman mix who is a street dog and is fed by everyone in the neighborhood and then there is little Cookie next to her!

Cookie is a wonderful companion and I only wish I had realized what great pets dogs are many years ago. He is loyal, quiet (he only barks for a reason), loves to play, never fights with other dogs, likes cats and is so well-behaved in the house I still can't believe it. We have been together for almost three years now and I can't imagine my life without him.

By lisingreece from Thessaloniki, Greece

Editor's NoteHere is a previous post about Cookie:

awwwwwwww hes cute!!!!

What a great looking dog!

He looks good, sharp and perky attitude, healthy obviously, and I like them with longer legs like him, looks better to me. Enjoy him forever!

I love a dog that smiles! What a guy!

What a cute dog he is! And what a blessing to both of you that he was given to you!

I am so glad that you and Cookie found each other! There really is nothing to compare to a dog's love. I adore the story about Cookie and Gina! Give Cookie a big hug from the human Mom of Missy, Goldy, Zorro, Casper and Miss Kitty. Zorro and Casper are "foster" dogs from the local humane society, from which I acquired Missy and Goldy. Miss Kitty adopted me by showing up on my doorstep! She's the only cat I've ever had - or wanted! Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

He's just like the dog I lost. He's a cockapoo. They are the best, in my opinion, easy to train, loveable to the max, happy , friendly, and great companions. Mine went everywhere with me. I'm happy that you have this dog. God bless you and him. : )

Terrier Mix
Terrier Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesMarch 7, 2008
Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix puppy
Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix Photos
Poodle Skirt
Making a Poodle Skirt
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Terrier Mix
Poodle Terrier Mix Photos
🎄
🍂