Cookie Bear (Poodle/Terrier Mix)

My doggie's name is Cookie Bear. We think he is a mix of a poodle and a terrier around 4.5 years old. A caring man heard Cookie crying in the bushes late one night as he walked home from work. He was about 6 months old and someone had abandoned him. Thank goodness he was found by a caring animal lover and taken in.

I had never had dogs before (I love cats but developed allergies as I got older) but decided that maybe it was time to get another pet. So I put an advert in the local paper asking for an older dog that was house trained. All my friends told me that I would never find such a dog but lo and behold, the first person to answer my advert was Leandros' mum. She told me that they had had Cookie for about a year, but could no longer keep him since he was a one-person dog and she had three large dogs of her own. Every time one of them got close to her, Cookie would growl and chase them away. As much as she loved him she knew that he would be better off being the center of attention in a one-pet household. So, after several attempts at a meeting, she drove him up to me. It was a 1.5 hour ride!

Cookie and I bonded the moment we met and although Pauvlina wasn't planning on leaving him with me that day, she felt that it was the right thing to do and so that is how I got my lovely little Cookie Bear!

Cookie enjoys a two-hour walk around the city each morning that ends up at a large park where he plays with all his doggie friends. He was so shy and scared when he first came to me but now, three years later, he is very self-assured and comfortable with me. He also loves to chase cats, but if one turns around to stand its ground, Cookie freaks out! He grew up in his first home with cats so he likes them and is only chasing them for the thrill of running.

Cookie is a wonderful companion and is just the right thing for me at this time in my life. He is a good watch dog and a joy to watch as he confidently walks around the city with me. He was very easy to train and has never done one thing bad in the years that I have had him. He is just a perfect little thing. Well, he has a weight problem as I do so we both need to diet!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

He looks exactly like a dog we had many years ago. He was half Schnauzer and half Lhasa. His fur was more of a Schnauzer. In fact, we would have him groomed like one. He was a very smart and wonderful companion to us. We really miss him.

What an adorable dog! I wish I had a dog like this to love!:)

He is adorable! I recently gave my mom a

shih-poo and he is the blond apricot color who

was abused. Our Honey looks like your Cookie.

Cookie was blessed to have found such a loving

home with you. I too am a cat lover but after my

tortie AllieMae I was not able to have another one

it was just to hard. Now we have 3 doggies who

are our big babies.

Such a cute dog!! And you take him for a two hour walk every day, followed by a run in a park? You two must be very fit!

Louise from Nipawin

Well I would say you two are doubly blessed! And a great match for one another.

He is socute. He definitely looks like he could be a poodle mix. You should check out http://www.poodlemixes.org. There are lots of pictures of other poodle mixes there to compare to. Cute!

I love poodle Mixes. I have two Chipoo (Chihuahua-Poodle Mixes) myself and they are the best dogs ever. You can see their pictures & bios at http://www.chipoo.designermixes.org

Cute Dog! I love the pictures

Stephanie

http://www.chipoo.designermixes.org

http://www.designermixes.org

My dog is a poodle / terrier and his name is Albert. Here he has just had his first hair cut at 6 months old. He looks so proud.

My dog is Pichan he is a mix Poodle and Terrier. :)

He is very cute cute.

This is our dog Lucky, he was also a stray picked up. I just thought he looked a lot like cookie bear. (:

Another pic of Lucky. :)

Cookie Bear is adorable. He looks like he is at least 1/2 Schnauzer.

Terrier Mix
Terrier Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesAugust 21, 2007
Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix puppy
Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix Photos
Poodle Skirt
Making a Poodle Skirt
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Terrier Mix
Poodle Terrier Mix Photos
🎄