Paint Splatters On Winter Coat - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Paint Splatters On Winter Coat

I found what appears to be white paint splatters on my winter coat. The coat surface is smooth/shiny and the color is dark green. Any ideas on how to remove? There are lots of spots...

Vonda

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Do you know if it's latex or oil paint? If it's latex, I found this at ehow.com:

Goof Off, available at most hardware stores, removes latex paint from clothing. Apply it, agitate it with a brush a little, rinse and then launder the garment as usual. It worked great on a pair of cotton shorts and a pair of denim jeans.

Instead of trying to remove the splatters from the coat, try to cover them up instead. My son got some white spray paint on a red fleece hoodie. I knew there was no way to remove it without damaging the color, so I opted to cover it up instead. Just get a permanent magic marker as close to the color of your coat as possible. Try it on one place & see how it looks. Check to see if it hides the spots, or just makes it worse. It's worth a try!

i got like pizza stain on my coat and i tried to get it off but it like spread...and ive tried everything in my house and now i have like this light light yellow stains...and its on a white coat...is there anyway to get it out without going ot the cleaners becuase i have to use to coat tomarrow

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 29, 2004
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:18:25 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.