What Breed is My Dog?

What breed of dog do you think this pup is? We think that he is a mixed breed, about 4 months old.

By Brittany from KY

If I had to guess maybe lab and pit mix? From the solidness of the shoulder area and the way his legs turn I see some bulldog of some sort, and the way his eyes are shaped.

I have to agree that I would guess it's a lab/pit mix. He looks almost entirely lab, but the head and face hint at a little bit of pit.

He's definitely almost all Lab and I'm thinking a touch of Rottweiler even though he's almost all black. The top of his head is flat and square yet his hind quarters are large. When I adopted my Parker all his litter mates had Rottweiler coloring. Parker was almost all black and as an adult looked like one very large Labrador with a wide back like a Rottweiler.

If you aren't familiar with Labradors when they get older their chest drops which adds on several pounds. Enjoy his puppy hood. The picture below was Parker when he was 8 weeks old and he grew into a 135 pound adult.

Thanks everybody! Here's another pic of him he looks a little different in this one!

Definitely lab and pit. We have one that's about 4 now and they look identical except ours is a lighter color. They're wonderful dogs!