Family and BeautyProduct Reviews

Reviews of OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

Product: Off! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

Manufacturer: S.C. Johnson, Inc

I bought one of these to try and was more than extremely disappointed. It didn't REPEL the mosquitoes, it ATTRACTED them! I had more mosquitoes around me than I ever had without this thing! It is definitely going back to the store!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

They did a story on the local news this week about mosquitoes and repellents. I never knew this but they said Deet does not repel mosquitoes, it just confuses them somehow. They will still come around but they are not supposed to bite. Were they biting, or were you swatting because they were simply coming around? Maybe you should give it another shot?

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

When my husband smoked outside on our porch, the smoke always seemed to drift towards me. I bought a rechargeable small fan to keep the smoke away. I found out that this fan also kept the mosquitoes away. We now plan to install a outside ceiling fan to keep the mosquitoes away from us.

My family has had 100% success with this product, it's flying off store shelves, and I buy one whenever I find them, along with refills! In fact, I've given them to family and friends for their outdoor safety. We don't go outside without one, especially when taking the dogs out or working in the yard. Too bad it hasn't worked for some, because we haven't been bitten ever since we started using them.

Don't buy its waste of money. Clip On not strong enough and has no effect. And definitely don't buy if your the 1 in 10 like me who mosquito's just seem to love.

I'm real surprised to see negative reviews. I hike and explore the Florida Everglades for endangered orchids to Photograph, and in the summer months the mosquitoes can be overwhelming. I don't care where your from there is no place on earth with more mosquitoes then the Florida Everglades. While taking a break, setting up camera equipment, eating lunch the mosquitoes can drive you insane but after a couple minutes with this machine on the mosquitoes all but disappeared. I personally love this product and it works great for me. Thanks Johnson and Johnson

I just tried this product and I am now scratching 3 mosquito bites that I obtained after about 10 minutes sitting on my front porch. In my opinion, this product does not work at all! Nine dollars down the drain. I wish I had just bought some bite treatment instead.

Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide in the breath of mammals (warm blooded). Stop breathing or keep moving. The American armed forces are partial to Avon Skin-So-Soft as a repellent (send a care package). Hang a store brand dryer sheet or two in your pocket if you are local.

How excited I was reading the reviews of this product. Could I be free of those nasty mosquito bites? How disappointed when I finally bought and tried it. Or the bugs are so strong or the Clip On does not work but they still bite!

This definitely does not work! I always see the mosquitoes coming closer! No doubt this attracts them, because in less than 2 weeks I have 40 bites! Most of them are near the area where I put the clip on!